XSPF Player

17 years 5 months ago #22197 by kn0w3r
XSPF Player was created by kn0w3r
XSPF Player 0.1 Released

XSPF Player is a flash-based web application that uses xspf playlist format to play mp3 songs. XSPF is the XML Shareable Playlist Format. The software is written in Actionscript 2. It is based on XSPF Web Music Player from musicplayer.sourceforge.net . A user have to put the xspf file url to their profile to get it working.

File Attachment:
DOWNLOAD

Changeslog:
0.1 - XSPF Player plugin released
0.2 - cb.xspfplayer.xml and cb.xspfplayer.php is renamed to xspfplayer.xml and xspfplayer.php to follow the CB API guidelines

Post edited by: kn0w3r, at: 2006/10/08 05:03

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 5 months ago #22200 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:XSPF Player
First of all excelent job!
Nice to see people are starting to get the hang of the plugin API - I am certainly having a great time learning a great deal.

While working on the hello world plugin (see here ) I had to re-read the API documentation (see download area) and continuously refer back to it. Also had some questions for Beat about guidelines that should be followed to avoid future problems etc.

Looking at your plugin I have identified the following issues:

• Section 1.2 of the API - Plug-in naming states that the plugin names that start with cb should be avoided since they are reserved for core CB Team plugins. So you should rename your cb.xspfplayer.xml and cb.xspfplayer.xml (to get rid of the cb in the begining) and also modify the <filename plugin="cb.xspfplayer">cb.xspfplayer.php</filename> line in the xml file.
  • also your class="getXSPFPlayerTab" assignment in the XML file should be renamed to all lower case except the Tab. So it should be getxspfplayerTab. This is something that wasn't stated in the API doc (but Beat will update it). Its for compatibility with Unix systems that are case sensitive.
  • Not sure how the actual code works but shouldn't your "" (No) values in the XML parameter definitions be something like "&autoplay=false" ?
  • In your php file you should change the $xspfap = $params->get('xspfap', ''); type statements and instead of '' you should put the default values of the parameters (if the previous comment is not valid then these are just fine)

• Thanks again for sharing this - can't wait to try it out!

Post edited by: nant, at: 2006/10/07 12:00

17 years 5 months ago #22209 by kn0w3r
    Replied by kn0w3r on topic Re:XSPF Player

First of all excelent job!
    Nice to see people are starting to get the hang of the plugin API - I am certainly having a great time learning a great deal.

While working on the hello world plugin (see here ) I had to re-read the API documentation (see download area) and continuously refer back to it. Also had some questions for Beat about guidelines that should be followed to avoid future problems etc.

Looking at your plugin I have identified the following issues:

• Section 1.2 of the API - Plug-in naming states that the plugin names that start with cb should be avoided since they are reserved for core CB Team plugins. So you should rename your cb.xspfplayer.xml and cb.xspfplayer.xml (to get rid of the cb in the begining) and also modify the <filename plugin="cb.xspfplayer">cb.xspfplayer.php</filename> line in the xml file.

• Ohh I will fix that. How about the zip file name? Should i rename the file from cb_xspfplayer.zip to xspfplayer.zip?

• also your class="getXSPFPlayerTab" assignment in the XML file should be renamed to all lower case except the Tab. So it should be getxspfplayerTab. This is something that wasn't stated in the API doc (but Beat will update it). Its for compatibility with Unix systems that are case sensitive.

• I will fix that too

• Not sure how the actual code works but shouldn't your "" (No) values in the XML parameter definitions be something like "&autoplay=false" ?

• "" works same as "&autoplay=false". I think its better if I use the "" instead of the "&autoplay=false"

• In your php file you should change the $xspfap = $params->get('xspfap', ''); type statements and instead of '' you should put the default values of the parameters (if the previous comment is not valid then these are just fine)

• same as above :D

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I will try to upload the latest plugin asap but I need to know whether I have to rename the file from cb_xspfplayer.zip to xspfplayer.zip. Thanks again :woohoo:

Post edited by: kn0w3r, at: 2006/10/07 15:52

17 years 5 months ago #22211 by nant
    Replied by nant on topic Re:XSPF Player
    I would put all the files in a plug_xspfplayer folder and then zip the folder to create a plug_xspfplayer.zip file.

17 years 5 months ago #22260 by kn0w3r
    Replied by kn0w3r on topic Re:XSPF Player
    Done. Version 0.2 is available for download :D

17 years 5 months ago #22274 by Jesuslavex
    Replied by Jesuslavex on topic Re:XSPF Player
    I'm seeing some problems with this plug in (though I think its a GREAT step in a good direction)

For some reason, my playlist isnt streaming audio, though the playlist url and the list itself is set up correctly. I'm sure I can figure it out on my own, but I would love to see an included tutorial, and demo playlist and music link included so people can see how to set this up. There are people (as strange as it may sound) who dont know how to set these things up

On uninstall, SQL info is left in the tables, so it requires a manual deletion for reinstall (If something happens during installation)

For the future....

Given the fact Joomla 1.5 will include FTP functionality right out of the box, I would like to see users be able to uploard music and have their playlists automatically generate to do away with coding it by hand.

I would also like to see the playlist centered in the tab to give it a more professional look and feel.

Great plug in! Really good first step!

Post edited by: Jesuslavex, at: 2006/10/08 14:11

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
    Time to create page: 0.267 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn