CB 2.0 ideas discussions

14 years 1 month ago #124757 by beat
CB 2.0 ideas discussions was created by beat
This thread discusses upcoming CB 2.0 ideas and improvement suggestions from CB 1.2.1/upcoming 1.2.2.

It is continuation from this thread:
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,124730/catid,6/limit,6/limitstart,0/

Could posters of the other thread post the CB parts here and remove them from the other thread please ? Thanks :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 1 month ago #124767 by KatoKalin
Replied by KatoKalin on topic Re:CB 2.0 ideas discussions
What I would like to see:

A complete redesign of registration and profile layout. So it can be customised.

I want conditional registration and profile fields to show ot not show additional fields to users based on their entries.

Layoutwise it should be something like: www.joomduck.com/

Also the ability to put the registration process into several steps for not having a huge registration form and to add information or explanation to certain fields into the form where it belongs and not as hover tooltips only.

Also conditional actions would be nice. For examples based on age, or points or anything. If a user reaches a certain age, he can get access to other parts of the site. Or his access gets denied.

I would like to see fields that can do a database query, for example to check for values other users have entered and execute some action. For example to allow nicknames, but to check if a nickname is already taken by another user.

More Ajax would be great generally on profiles.

More privacy settings for users to allow or disallow their content to be visible for other users.
More flexibility in backend to search for users. to sort the userlist and to edit users settings from the backend.

Moderation from the backend es well, so that admin does not have to login into the frontend to see user reports.

I would like to see chances for users to customise their profiles. To choose a layout and drag and drop items to make it how they want it.

Also there is the need to put a function into the core for users to delete their account or at least to send a deletion request to admin.

Something like the flag component would be nice as well as it seems it has been abandoned:
joomlacode.org/gf/project/cb_profileflags/

Post edited by: KatoKalin, at: 2010/02/19 16:45

14 years 1 month ago #124905 by laurie_lewis
Replied by laurie_lewis on topic CB 2.0 Ideas
Hi Beat,

I can not believe there are not more ideas here. I will be coming back as I think of other things.

1. Ability to copy lists in List Management. You know you make a list of males in the community and you want exactly the same list for females. Rather than do all the settings again you can copy the list and it opens up with all the settings but you need to put in a new name and title for it.

This feature would also be good for Tabs and Fields.

2. Title Fields. At this time you can put a delimiter in but you have to add text to it for it to show up. It would be good if you could have the title but with no text. Next step in this one is that if a user selects all the fields under a title to be private then the title should not show.

3. The ability to drag and drop items in the fields/tabs for re-ordering.

4. A view so you can see the Tab and then the fields that it contains underneath. Would be good with the item mentioned above.

5. Ability to have multi-page registration.

6. Profile completeness indicator as standard part of profile.

7. Include the formatted name as a delimited field so you can edit it for your own preference.

8. Gender based avatars working.

9. Ability to add preferences to a number of fields at one. Eg. Able to select say 6 fields and set the privacy settings for them all at once.

I am sure I can think of some more and I will add them as they come up.

All the best

Laurie

Post edited by: laurie_lewis, at: 2010/02/22 12:22

Post edited by: laurie_lewis, at: 2010/02/22 12:27

Laurie
My Community Site: thelewisfamily.id.au

14 years 1 month ago #124970 by PCAnalyzer
Replied by PCAnalyzer on topic Re:CB 2.0 Ideas
5. Ability to have multi-page registration.
8. Gender based avatars working.

+1 to these features :)

Back-end
- Ability to automatically send birthday e-mail would be good, also.
- Ability to automatically pick a random avatar from a folder if the user doesn't choose one after some days (gender based would be better) and e-mail him.

Front-end
- User challenge (i think users would like this): Choose 2 random/active users of the same gender; E-mail them; Let them answers to some predefined question; Show them in a module for a number of days; let other users vote the best one by reading the questions/field they've answered after they've been selected to challenge... show who won for some day then restart..
- Test: Quiz the user can answer to and the result is shown in a tab or something, like facebook

I hope you will like someone of these new features, i'm sorry for my bad english! :P

Post edited by: PCAnalyzer, at: 2010/02/23 03:48

14 years 1 month ago #124973 by Roland
Replied by Roland on topic Re:CB 2.0 Ideas
Hello,

here are my ideas:

New tab display typ: Expand: Only the header/title and a "+" are shown. If you click on the "+" it opens the tab. (the idea is from hjames)... but only a view lines of code to insert

Possibility to have a icon per tab

Possibility to have just a icon menue

Edit tab each by each: You have a edit-button on the header of each tab by your own profile. If you click the edit, a lightbox open and you can edit the data from this tab... Or you can edit every line direct by ajax

Possiblity that every tab could have two views: short view / long view: short view for function like now (to show 5 friends, ...) long view to show tab on the whole profile page (with all friends for example).

Better - no - nicer Privacy management... Your privacy management is technical perfect... but not easy to understand for non computer/internet profis. The user should see a small icon next to each field and on every tab header. If he click on this a lightbox (or similar of course) should open where he can select: 1. visible for guest, 2. visible for registered users, 3 visible for friends, 4. not visible).

Best wishes... Roland

www.simple-quality.de - The Quality-Web-Portal

14 years 1 month ago #124995 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CB 2.0 Ideas
Excellent points written in a constructive and with suggestions on "how to" make those points better, keep the ideas flowing in, we're listening :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.308 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn