[SOLVED] CB Login links to userlist

13 years 8 months ago #137819 by nodomain404
[SOLVED] CB Login links to userlist was created by nodomain404
Hello i hope its right here. i've installed cb 1.2.3 as an upgrade. it works fine but i have an problem with my own Profile. In the CB Login there is my Avatar before the upgrade i could click an my avatar to go to my profile page. with the new version it doesnt work. when i click on my avatar i go to the userlist. When i click in the user list on my profile i go also to the userlist. only when i click on an other profile i can see his profile page. in cb and userlist they stay for my own profile this link: supercraft.bplaced.de/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userslist&Itemid=39
for an other member: supercraft.bplaced.de/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userprofile&user=74&Itemid=39
i think the failure is &task=userslist& for his own profile. with this link the member cant go to his own profile page. The edith your profile button works.
I hope it is understandleable. Sorry for my bad english

greets bernd

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/07/20 17:46

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 8 months ago #137820 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:CB Login links to userlist
please go to CB tools and run all CB tools tests.

13 years 8 months ago #137829 by nodomain404
Replied by nodomain404 on topic Re:CB Login links to userlist
Done sir :)
everything is green. Problem still exists.

13 years 8 months ago #137901 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CB Login links to userlist
nodomain404 wrote:

Done sir :)
everything is green. Problem still exists.

Please ensure you've a public and published link to users CB profiles. Such link is mandatory and plainly states so when creating any CB Joomla menu link. If CB can not find an Itemid it will attempt to use the userlists menu Itemid which will result in the problem you're experiencing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 8 months ago #137937 by nodomain404
Replied by nodomain404 on topic Re:CB Login links to userlist
krileon wrote:

Please ensure you've a public and published link to users CB profiles. Such link is mandatory and plainly states so when creating any CB Joomla menu link. If CB can not find an Itemid it will attempt to use the userlists menu Itemid which will result in the problem you're experiencing.

Hi,

i don't know if i understood correcly. But i don't want that non registered users can watch members profiles. so i made the resriction, that only registered members can watch profiles. A meber can see the profiles of other members but not there own profile. the link is correct, when a member click on an other profile. only for his own profil the link is incorrect. the link points direct to the userlist. for an other profile it points correctly to the user (as u can see in my posted links.) when i move over my avatar (not clicking) this links is seen in status bar at the bottom of the browser: supercraft.bplaced.de/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userslist&Itemid=39
When i move over an other profile then mines in the statusbar stays:http://supercraft.bplaced.de/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userprofile&user=74&Itemid=39
CB login is puplic. only the pubplic access ist forbidden. it comes a prompt that u haven't the rights to view the profile but i gave an access for all visitors for Profiles, when im loged in the problem still exist for my own profile.
i hope it is understandleable.

greets from germany.

13 years 8 months ago #137996 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CB Login links to userlist
You do not need to have public profile access. I am referring to your Joomla menu link. You MUST have a Published and Public Joomla menu link to CB. When creating a CB menu link it plainly says the link is mandatory. You do not have to display this link however, the module it is on can simply be unpublished.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.394 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn