[SOLVED] Mass Mail error - Invalid JSON

13 years 6 months ago #142054 by jakobe75
[SOLVED] Mass Mail error - Invalid JSON was created by jakobe75
I am getting this error in mass mail backend

but the mail is still being sent, at least one is but I only tried with one user so far.

I read on other posts that this might be a language file?
I dont have any 3rd party language files installed.

I see in the error code it mentions div.mind_wrapper
and "document for group bulletins"...?

Div.mind_wrapper?
but that is only a frontend plugin/tab, why would it affect the backend mass mailing?

an I am not using any groupware, although at one point I did have Super Groups and GroupJive installed, But those were uninstalled ages ago,

Joomla 1.5.20
CB 1.2.3

(I removed my actual domain in the error code btw...top secret)

ERROR!
Invalid JSON: <style type="text/css"> /* CSS Document for Group Bulletins */ div.mind_wrapper {border:1px solid #AAAAAA;width:100%;background:#F0F0F0;padding:3px 3px 3px 3px;} div.mind_inner {display:inline;width:25%;padding:3px 3px 3px 3px;} div.mind_text {display:inline;width:75%;text-align:right;padding:3px 3px 3px 3px;} div.mind_button {text-align:right;} textarea.mind_text {width:98%;padding:3px 3px 3px 3px;} </style> <script type="text/javascript"> function showsendmessage() { document.getElementById('hiddensender').style.display = 'block'; var xx = document.getElementById('_sm_title').focus(); } function hidesendmessage() { // if (document.getElementById('_sm_title').value=='' && document.getElementById('_sm_text').value=='') document.getElementById('hiddensender').style.display = 'none'; } </script> {"result":2,"htmlcontent":"<h3>Sent email to 1 of 1 users<\/h3>\n<h4>Just sent 1 emails to following users:<\/h4>\n<div>Joe_Smith<\/div>\n<h3>Your email has been sent.<\/h3>\n <table cellpadding=\"4\" cellspacing=\"0\" border=\"0\" width=\"100%\" class=\"adminlist\">\n <thead>\n <tr>\n <th colspan=\"2\" width=\"100%\" class=\"title\">Email Sent<\/th>\n <\/tr>\n <\/thead>\n <tbody>\n <tr>\n <td width=\"15%\" class=\"captionCell\">Email Subject:<\/td>\n <td width=\"85%\" class=\"fieldCell\">\n mydomain.com - Your New Profile Details <\/td>\n <\/tr>\n <tr>\n <td class=\"captionCell\">Email Message:<\/td>\n <td class=\"fieldCell\">\n <p>Hello [firstname],<\/p>\r\n<p>or {firstname}<\/p>\r\n<p>Thanks for subscribing and activating your mydomain.com account.<br \/> <br \/>Your account with the following details has been activated!:<br \/><br \/>Email : [email]<br \/>Username : [username]<br \/><br \/>Email2 : {email}<br \/> Username2 : {username}<\/p>\r\n<p>Password1: [password]<br \/>Password2: {password}<br \/><br \/><br \/>Our system will generate a unique password for you<br \/>To retrieve your password info please visit the link below.<br \/><a href=\"http:\/\/www.domain.com\/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=lostPassword\" target=\"_new\">http:\/\/www.mydomain.com\/3\/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=lostPassword<\/a>

Also here is the direct link to the new site
http:\/\/www.mydomain.com\/3<\/a>

Questions and bugs reports can be submitted to: info@smydomain.com or posted on our bug forum.

NOTE: This email was automatically generated from mydomain.com<\/p> <\/td>\n <\/tr>\n <\/tbody>\n \n \n <\/th>\n <\/tr>\n <\/tfoot>\n <\/table>\n\n

Click here to go back to users management<\/a><\/h3>\n\n"}

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/09/23 20:21

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #142079 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Mass Mail error - Invalid JSON
What's the contents of your email? The error is coming from jQuery as that is the only location I could find that string within CB. All of our tests show it is working fine, you likely have some sort of conflict.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 6 months ago #142084 by jakobe75
Replied by jakobe75 on topic Re:Mass Mail error - Invalid JSON
it was just a basic email with 3 substitution fields

basically just this below

Hello, [firstname]

This is your new account
username: [username]
email: [email]

You can reset your password here
www.domain.com/blah blah blah

but even sending one without fields gives the same error.
it appears to send at least one....havent tried multiples.

13 years 6 months ago #142086 by krileon
There's a conflict somewhere. Recommend using debug procedures within help us help you. Likely a problem with a 3rd party CB plugin or backend custom template if using one.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 6 months ago #142095 by jakobe75
Replied by jakobe75 on topic Re:Mass Mail error - Invalid JSON
not using any backend template other than the stock khepri

I'm guessing it has some conflict with the On Your Mind plugin?

But why would emails on the backend be affected by a tab on the front end?

Invalid JSON: <style type="text/css"> /* CSS Document for Group Bulletins */ div.mind_wrapper {border:1px solid #AAAAAA;width:100%;background:#F0F0F0;padding:3px 3px 3px 3px;} div.mind_inner {display:inline;width:25%;padding:3px 3px 3px 3px;} div.mind_text {display:inline;width:75%;text-align:right;padding:3px 3px 3px 3px;} div.mind_button {text-align:right;} textarea.mind_text

13 years 6 months ago #142151 by krileon
Because the entire plugin is loaded; CB can't load chunks of a plugin at a whims notice, nothing really can. It loads the entire plugin and executes various classes/functions as necessary. Something within your plugin is causing a problem, please discuss this with your plugins developers.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.328 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn