Users can't see that they are logged in

13 years 3 months ago #150060 by zevstub
Hi. Sometimes users login, either via the login form directly or via the Facebook plugin, and the site registers them as logged in, but it still appears to them as if they aren't logged in, i.e. the login form still appears.

I'm using CB 1.2.3 for Joomla 1.0.15, but I had this problem with previous versions as well.

Any ideas what I can do about this?

Post edited by: zevstub, at: 2011/01/04 16:44

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #150101 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Users can't see that they are logged in

I'm using CB 1.2.3

Please upgrade to CB 1.3.1. You're several releases behind.

but it still appears to them as if they aren't logged in, i.e. the login form still appears.

Sounds like a caching issue. Please check that no caching is enabled within your Joomla installation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #150123 by MacJoomla
Replied by MacJoomla on topic Re:Users can't see that they are logged in
Sometimes this comes from the difference whether a user logs in to the site using an URL with "www" or without "www".

13 years 3 months ago #150143 by krileon
MacJoomla wrote:

Sometimes this comes from the difference whether a user logs in to the site using an URL with "www" or without "www".

With and without www will make a significant difference. Especially from FBC or our Twitter plugins as your application must be registered with the appropriate domain (with or without www). Please configure in .htaccess (or from your hosting panel) a redirect from the incorrect structure (with or without www) to the correct structure (with or without www) this way users are always viewing your site from the appropriate domain.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #150167 by zevstub
Replied by zevstub on topic Re:Users can't see that they are logged in
My site already forwards to www. Thanks.

Regarding caching, is there a specific control I should look that could be causing it? This only happens occasionally to a minority of users.

Thanks.

13 years 3 months ago #150172 by krileon

This only happens occasionally to a minority of users.

Sounds like its the users themselves and not the site in this case. Out dated browsers, bad browser configuration, excessive security (aggressive spyware scanners, etc...) could all cause issues. It could also be a caching (cookies, etc...) issue on their end. Without a "concrete" way to duplicate the issue everytime there's really no way to debug it.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.503 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn