CB 1.2.3 - Privacy Plugin - frontend translation

13 years 4 months ago #146713 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re:CB 1.2.3 - Privacy Plugin - frontend translation
How can it be german, when the JS file contains ONLY english content? The calendar file is definitely from your .zip downloads !?!?

Things are getting weird :-) ;-)

The german/english settings work all over the place... ONLY the register form and privacy is not working... the claendar i mentioned previously... and i tried the file upload field. Maybe the last one has no german translation yet, i did not check this.

I will try to examine the problem further... again short on time... sorry.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #146714 by Lintzy
What are we talking about? The privacy plugin in registerpage?

This was the problem, you pointed to.

Please could you answer the questions? ->

Lintzy wrote:

Is your joomla frontend language set to german?

Post edited by: Lintzy, at: 2010/11/21 01:01

13 years 4 months ago #146717 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re:CB 1.2.3 - Privacy Plugin - frontend translation
Yes. Privacy on register page is the main problem.

Do you mean the Joomla standard language... its german, all other settings are as usual and i did it so for 100s of installs ;-) Thats why i am confused by this behavior.

Do you mean the user setting for language... its not selected by default. I never changed this setting, to be honest. Is this the missing and important part? But how should i check this for each user? I guess they all have the standard setting (no special language selected on register)

I always thought this "setting will fall back to the joomla default language...

Post edited by: pepperstreet, at: 2010/11/21 01:17

13 years 4 months ago #146719 by Lintzy
No, the usersettings take no effect in this case. On registerpage the user has no account.

Wow! This became spooky! Like you could see on screenshot, on my website is another translation as in the translation of cbteamsplugin_language.php. I have the strings: "Nur für Freunde" but in cbteamsplugin_language.php it's named "Nur sichtbar für Verbindungen".

Hu, just wanted to call the ghost busters :D

I am working on a huge project with maybe 100 installed addons and my head is full of it - after a few weeks I ask myself: What did I install there, how does it work ;D

Ok, but whenever I modify a file on server I document it and save the changed file in special folders on my pc. I have such folder for CB too. So the next easy step: I (better notepad++) searched the string "nur für freunde" and found it!

I have changed the core file!

That means, the translation strings for privacy plugin from cbteamsplugin_language.php do not take effect on all pages.

Modify the cb.privacy.php and search for these strings

CBTxt::T('Visible on profile')
CBTxt::T('Only to logged-in users' )
CBTxt::T( 'Only for direct connections' )
CBTxt::T( 'Only for %s' )
CBTxt::T( 'Also for connections\' connections' )
CBTxt::T( 'Invisible on profile' )

and translate it eg to

CBTxt::T('Sichtbar im Profil') and so on.

13 years 4 months ago #146720 by pepperstreet
Yes, the ghostbusters are a really nice idea... i was about to take a look in the yellow-pages ;-) :-)

It was driving me nuts.. and i recently had a discussion with a user from austria (hello Reinhard ;-) )

He sent me a hard-coded solution... but i was not sure, if i should give it a try. At least i still wonder why this problem is not confirmed by a CB moderator. I was almost sure that i was not to blame.

Feels good to know, i am not the only one.
Thanks for your efforts.

13 years 4 months ago #146735 by Lintzy
pepperstreet. you are welcome.

I can confirm, that the translations of privacy plugin don't translate the strings on registerpage. But on profile edit page the translation is working.

How to reproduce? Set a field, that appears on registerpage, eg name with privacy plugin.

Set the joomla website to another language than english, (install the cb.language plugin for this language) and inspect profile edit and look at the field "name" to the language strings of privacy plugin - they should be translated.

Log out and click on register and also inspect here the field name / privacy plugin <- it will be NOT translated.

If I translate the cb.privacy.php file itselfs, this translation is shown everywhere, but is no global solution.

Post edited by: Lintzy, at: 2010/11/21 17:17

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn