Blank page after upgrade

13 years 3 months ago #147837 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Blank page after upgrade
gil91061 wrote:

sent pvt post with my details to nick

Got PM.

Looks like 32 M of PHP memory is just not enough for your website and all installed extensions.

You will need to ask your hosting for more shared memory.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #149436 by mediaofficer
Replied by mediaofficer on topic Re:Blank page after upgrade
I had this same issue, searched and searched to resolve it. Maybe the CB team could put this as a FAQ item as I found several posts with similar questions and I have no doubt the resolve is to do with Memory.

You need to ask you host providers to increase your memory limits. BUT also remember to go in the plugins and find System>Memory Limit. Set this to the new limit.

Our hosts did the memory increase which didn't solve it. Increasing to above 32mb solved the issue straight away.

13 years 2 months ago #149487 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Blank page after upgrade

I had this same issue, searched and searched to resolve it. Maybe the CB team could put this as a FAQ item as I found several posts with similar questions and I have no doubt the resolve is to do with Memory.

Our blank page FAQ directly states try increasing memory.. so does our help us help you article. This is also very promising solution found in numerous forum posts.

This issue is completely unrelated to CB however as CB does not consume a large amount of memory and can run on systems with 10M even.

The issue comes with installing every extension from here to the Sun which causes massive consumption of memory likely caused by bad coding. Please folks be mindful of what you install, 95% (guesstimate) other extensions out there do NOT program with our same standards (which are EXTREMELY high).

Our hosts did the memory increase which didn't solve it. Increasing to above 32mb solved the issue straight away.

I recommend 64M.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.432 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn