Cookies keep expiring, expired cookie after days

13 years 2 months ago #150366 by Legends
Cookies survived for one day so far, with caching enabled.

I have a lot of other joomla sites on the same host, they all work as normal.

The malfaunctioning website also lives in a sub-directory - so that may be a contributing factor with the spoof check.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #150370 by Legends
Cookies expired a few hours later the same day. Not sure wtf to think now.

I'll clear cookies and try again.

Post edited by: Legends, at: 2011/01/08 03:26

13 years 2 months ago #150398 by connor9220
I just had the issue with my CB v1.3.0 and upgraded to CB 1.3.1.. Still had the same issue.. I happen to remember changing the default time zone in Joomla under Global Configuration -- Server to UTC -5 (my time zone) and started having the issues.. I changed it back to 0, and the problem went away. This is on Joomla 1.5.22 with CB v1.3.1 (now)

Thanks, Connor

Post edited by: connor9220, at: 2011/01/09 06:10

13 years 2 months ago #150458 by krileon
Timezone certainly will have an affect on how soon the cookies expire as it will be used in calculating its expiration date/time. Again, CB does not set the cookies instead Joomla does this through its own login API.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #150595 by Legends
_CB_SPOOFCHECKS did not help.

Now testing GMT = 0

Note: I am using Joomla 1.5.17, I will try updating to 1.5.22 if GMT=0 fails.

Also, I have
var $live_site = 'http://vivalavegan.net/community';
in my configuration.php, should it have a slash at the end or not?

13 years 2 months ago #150627 by krileon

Note: I am using Joomla 1.5.17, I will try updating to 1.5.22 if GMT=0 fails.

Please do upgrade.

in my configuration.php, should it have a slash at the end or not?

$live_site should be '' (blank). CB won't function too well otherwise; especially if SEF is enabled.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn