[SOLVED] Login/ CB registration page link not working

13 years 3 months ago #147821 by mosim
User registers with CB and then is prompted to 'you may now login' but when user login they are sent to: /studentreg/login, this is a blank page. This alias is from a menu link for CB Registration.

I unpublish the registration link and now users are sent to: /component/comprofiler/login, again a blank page.

Tried using redirect for first time login and in CB Login module but those parameters are not being applied either.

HELP!

When a user is logged in they can no longer get to the registration page. It appears the CB Registration page menu link wants to go the the login page instead.

Thanks,
m.

Post edited by: mosim, at: 2010/12/06 02:46

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/12/20 15:10

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #147901 by krileon
Don't fully understand your issue. Is the problem just login redirect? Have you configured the login redirect URL within the CB Login module correctly or the first time login redirect in CB configuration? Just must begin with index.php then structure as necessary (e.g. index.php?option=com_comprofiler). Please ensure you have a CB menu link that is public and published. When creating a menu link from Joomlas menu manager you'll see the link clearly states "mandatory".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #147937 by mosim
Thank you Krileon for responding so promptly.

Yes, the login redirect is not working even with no redirect applied. For some reason when a user logs in they are sent to x.org/studentreg/login - instead of the home page or redirect url.

x.org/studentreg is the CB Registration page menu link. For some reason /login is getting added to url at login - and of course there's no page for this url.

Thanks,
m.

Post edited by: mosim, at: 2010/12/06 22:10

Post edited by: mosim, at: 2010/12/08 00:06

Post edited by: mosim, at: 2010/12/17 08:47

13 years 3 months ago #148018 by krileon
First time login only applies to users logging into your site for the first time. You need to edit the login modules parameters from module manager and adjust the login redirect. You also do not appear to have a public and published menu link to CB. This link is mandatory and states so when creating a menu link for CB. Have tested login redirects in multiple test sites as working fine, something is mis-configured or conflicting.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #148060 by mosim
I understand what first time and redirect do. These parameters were in place prior to the upgrade and now there is a small bug preventing them from working properly.

The cb user profile link is public but I have it in a 'hidden' menu.

For your help I've emptied the first time and redirect parameters and published the cb user profile link to the menu at the bottom-right of the home page for you to verify.

Please retry logging in. You will see you are directed to: www.ccsfgis.org/studentreg/login

There is no such alias in my menu's. Only a link to CB registration which has alias /studentreg.

If you look at url associated with the LOGIN button is shows: www.ccsfgis.org/studentreg/login.

Shouldn't it be: www.ccsfgis.org/component/comprofiler/login

Why is the login command sending users to /studentreg/login?

Thanks,
m.

Post edited by: mosim, at: 2010/12/08 00:11

13 years 3 months ago #148194 by mosim
Replied by mosim on topic Re:CB Login not working correctly
Removed all redirects and menu links related to cb registration and login.

cb user profile menu link is public

The CB Login button send users to:
www.ccsfgis.org/cb-user-profile-required/login

...a blank page instead of to home page.

Tried re-installing mod. no difference.

Any ideas how to fix?

Thanks,
m.

Post edited by: mosim, at: 2010/12/17 08:49

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn