Custom registration for 2 different kind of users

13 years 3 months ago #150757 by Ataraxx
Hello,

I want to build an FREE online community with 2 different kind of users. They both have the same user rights BUT they have different required fields on the registration form (and different fields should appear in their profile page). Is there anyway i can do this with CB?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #150786 by krileon
Only way to accomplish this currently is by way of CBSubs, which do not have to have a price. This is done by hiding fields at registration with a CBSubs plan (Workflows tab).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 months ago #150854 by Ataraxx
Thanks for your answer.
Well in order to buy CBSubs I first want to be sure it's going to work for me.
So let me ask some more questions about the CBSubs way suggested:

1) I want two different groups, lets say actors and directors. Actors will HAVE TO upload at least two photos, while directors can only upload one (as an avatar). While the same thing happens with other fields that are mandatory for directors while actors should not see them at all. I also want the profile page to be shown in a different way for actors and for directors. Is this possible?

2) I want to create a search engine where the registered usere can search for a specific field, lets say an actor above the age of 30 or a director living in Athens. Is this gonna be a problem working with CBSubs?

3) Can I really make this look nice without the user noticing it's a workaround? i mean i want it to look like a registration and not like a subscription.

13 years 3 months ago #150877 by Ataraxx
Also..

4) If I buy CBSubs can I use it for other sites also? or i have to buy another copy / licence?

13 years 3 months ago #150915 by krileon

1) I want two different groups, lets say actors and directors. Actors will HAVE TO upload at least two photos, while directors can only upload one (as an avatar). While the same thing happens with other fields that are mandatory for directors while actors should not see them at all. I also want the profile page to be shown in a different way for actors and for directors. Is this possible?

CBSubs plans can hide fields based on plan select so for instance you can have a required field that we'll call Field A and two plans called Plan 1 and Plan 2. You can hide for the field on registration for Plan 2 and when a user clicks Plan 2 then Field A will not be displayed or validated against.

2) I want to create a search engine where the registered usere can search for a specific field, lets say an actor above the age of 30 or a director living in Athens. Is this gonna be a problem working with CBSubs?

You don't need CBSubs for this; simply create a CB userlist in Userlist Management which allows searching of users based on fields.

3) Can I really make this look nice without the user noticing it's a workaround? i mean i want it to look like a registration and not like a subscription.

You're able to remove the price so all users would see is 2 radio buttons to select the 2 different profile types. You can also style it further using CSS.

4) If I buy CBSubs can I use it for other sites also? or i have to buy another copy / licence?

1 License = 1 Live Site & 1 Development Site

You are also limited to the amount of users based off the license purchase.

I also might suggest that I am working on a "Conditional Fields" plugin that will allow show/hide of fields based off another fields value. This project would be released to the Incubator (accessible by Professional subscribers). This could be an alternative for you, but I don't have a time frame for release aside from 1, maybe 2-3 weeks from now.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ataraxx

13 years 3 months ago #150922 by Ataraxx
thank you very much! that was very usefull! I guess i can wait sometime for the plugin. Buying the professional edition rather that CBSubs works better for me because i can find the other feautures of CB usefull too...

Last question : If i buy the professional membership i'll be able to use CB and the ad ons for several sites, right?

Thanks for your help!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn