[SOLVED] Registration Error: "Session expired..."

13 years 4 months ago #147822 by coachnet
I have just upgraded to CB 1.3 and CB Subs 1.1 (Joomla 1.5.22).

I have been testing this on Firefox and when a user tries to sign up for membership on this page , they get this error "Session expired or cookies are not enabled in your browser. Please press "reload page" in your browser, and enable cookies in your browser. Please refresh/reload page before filling-in."

I have reloaded the page and tried again, but the error keeps occurring.

Please help! :)

Post edited by: coachnet, at: 2010/12/06 01:51

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/12/06 17:49

Renee Hasseldine
CoachNetwork Founder
Life Coaches | Business Coaches | Executive Coaches

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #147831 by postnospam
Replied by postnospam on topic Re:Registration Error: "Session expired..."
I was experiencing the same problem.

I tracked the issue down to occur when I selected either the "Mandatory" or "Non-Mandatory" option under cbsubs>General Settings>Display>Invoices>"Customer invoicing address".

Selecting "No invoicing address shown" resolved the error. Of course, now I can't capture that data.

I'm just setting this up for the first time. I assume that option is the equivalent of a billing address. Right?

Chuck

13 years 4 months ago #147836 by beat
We are flagging this for high-priority investigation.

It must be due to some kind of interaction, as I've seen several sites working fine with invoices.

(Yes, invoicing address is same as billing address)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

13 years 4 months ago #147838 by beat
We could not confirm the bug locally, but could see it on the link provided by coachnet .

As preliminary:
- Is your time offset configuration for your server in the configuration.php file correct ?

As I am not able to reproduce on our test environment, I would need quickly acccess to the php files to debug your issue. Can you please PM me file access if that is possible ?

To PM (private message) me, click the icon on the bottom left of this post, then you can use https to provide the file access (e.g. FTP) information in a secure way.

We are about to release CBSubs 1.1.1, and if possible I would like to include this issue fixed or worked around too.

Thank you.

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

13 years 4 months ago #147839 by coachnet
Replied by coachnet on topic Re:Registration Error: "Session expired..."
Hi Beat,

Have PMed FTP and Joomla admin access.

Not sure what "time offset configuration" means.

I am off to bed now (I have a 4 month old baby so must sleep when she sleeps)!!! So, I hope this is enough for you to find the problem before the next release.

Thanks,
Renee

Renee Hasseldine
CoachNetwork Founder
Life Coaches | Business Coaches | Executive Coaches

13 years 4 months ago #147886 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Registration Error:
coachnet wrote:

Hi Beat,

Have PMed FTP and Joomla admin access.

Not sure what "time offset configuration" means.

I am off to bed now (I have a 4 month old baby so must sleep when she sleeps)!!! So, I hope this is enough for you to find the problem before the next release.

Thanks,
Renee

Thank you Renee,

I could now analyze the issue and even reproduce it. This counts as a bug, and is now being fixed for shortly upcoming CBSubs 1.1.1.

Until then, as temporary workaround (already done on your site), this can be done:

Open administrator/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.foundation.php and at top change the line 19:
[code:1]define( '_CB_SPOOFCHECKS', 1 );
[/code:1]
to
[code:1]define( '_CB_SPOOFCHECKS', 0 );
[/code:1]

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn