CB1.8 : edit user profile in frontend

12 years 1 month ago #194605 by cordan
Hello,

I like that moderators can edit user profiles in the frontend.

Now i get the edit button, and update user profile.
I even get the warning that i'm editing another user's profile, but all the fields are in read only mode.

There is a parameter in the field management that the field is user read only or not. When i put it as not read only, than i can edit it, but also the user when he/she logs in, and that s not what i want.

Moderators group = author (even tried with administrator)
user fiels are read only.

Thanks for the advice.

Danny
The topic has been locked.
12 years 1 month ago #194999 by bk6366
Replied by bk6366 on topic Re: CB1.8 : edit user profile in frontend
Hi Danny,
Did you get this sorted or still having problems?

bk
---
J1.7.3 / CB 1.7.1 / PHP 5.2.17 (no, not upgrading yet)
Current J/CB Project

'Terse'
Guide to getting answers
Please note that pm's related to CB issues will go unanswered. That's what the forums are for.
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #209765 by Adama89
Replied by Adama89 on topic Re: CB1.8 : edit user profile in frontend
I have this problem still, the thing is that I want a moderator to be able to edit certain fields front-end, however prevent the users themselves from editing it. The fields are put as read-only for the user. When I edit their profiles as moderator, they fields are also greyed out though.

EDIT: I have worked around this issue using a delimiter field.
11 years 2 months ago #220631 by Gunner10
Replied by Gunner10 on topic Re: CB1.8 : edit user profile in frontend
Hi,

I have a very similar query, i.e. want my front-end moderators to be able to change some user fields that remain read-only for the user.

Could you explain what you mean by "using a delimiter field"?

Also, is there any other solution out there?
9 years 1 month ago #261128 by gtrennert
Replied by gtrennert on topic Re: CB1.8 : edit user profile in frontend
I have the same issue and would like to understand how you are using "delimiter field" to get it work !?
9 years 1 month ago #261129 by Adama89
Replied by Adama89 on topic Re: CB1.8 : edit user profile in frontend
Oof, its been a long time since I used Community Builder. If I recall correctly, what I did was put in delimiter fields which are read only fields that only display the value of another field. The actual editable fields are hidden, except for the moderator (or maybe I put it under a seperate tab). So for instance I had a field: Age and a field dAge.The regular user only sees the field dAge, whereas the moderator could see the actual Age field and edit that. Not a very elegant solution, but it worked.

Hope that helps! (Thank this board for sending me a message about your reply, I dont think it did that for Gunner10 ;))
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn