Migrating CB users from Joomla 1.5 to Joomla 2.5

11 years 6 months ago #210268 by kirup
Hi,

I am upgrading from joomla 1.5 to joomla 2.5. I have been using Community builder for registration purposes in joomla 1.5. When I migrate to joomla 2.5, how can I migrate my current existing users from joomla 1.5 to 2.5? Any help is much appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 6 months ago #210276 by nant

kirup wrote: Hi,

I am upgrading from joomla 1.5 to joomla 2.5. I have been using Community builder for registration purposes in joomla 1.5. When I migrate to joomla 2.5, how can I migrate my current existing users from joomla 1.5 to 2.5? Any help is much appreciated.

First upgrade your CB version to CB 1.8.1 on your Joomla 1.5 site.

Then use the jUpgrade extension to migrate your Joomla 1.5 site.
The latest jUpgrade script supports CB (thanks to Kyle).

11 years 6 months ago #210495 by kirup
Thanks for the info mate. Much appreciated !

11 years 3 months ago #217635 by marse7
How about if you've already migrated the site to 2.5 using SPupdate? I have the old site still operating and I am building the new site in a folder. Any help is appreciated.

Mark

11 years 2 months ago #217656 by nant

marse7 wrote: How about if you've already migrated the site to 2.5 using SPupdate? I have the old site still operating and I am building the new site in a folder. Any help is appreciated.

Mark

Replied to similar PM you sent me ...

1. Ask spudate devs for support
2. Hire someone to fix it for you (if possible)
3. start over with jupgrade.

10 years 5 months ago #234509 by abarron
I have a similar question. There has been some time passed since we started this migration with JUpgrade so there are some new users. Is there a way to export just the users from the old site and import them into the new 2.5 site? Perhaps through the database itself?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn