Popup windows not working on Explorer 10

11 years 9 hours ago - 10 years 10 months ago #225884 by dufreeze
Hi,

I have activated the connection options in CB but the request connection link in the user profiles is not working.
After some trying it seems ok in every browser only not in Explorer 10 (which I was/am using). In IE10 the link can only be used when compatibility mode is activated.
Althought not a big problem atm I was just wondering if there is a solution/fix. (other than to stop using IE10 and start using IE9/FF/other as that is not a real solution, it will only avoid the problem)

The explantion boxes when registering are also not showing.

JML 2.5.11
CB 1.9

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 10 months ago #229523 by Buzz50
Replied by Buzz50 on topic Popup windows not working on Explorer 10
My members are experiencing similar problems with IE10

Is there a solution?

Buzz50
Mike
Buzz50 Seniors
'Head Buzzer'

10 years 10 months ago #229524 by Buzz50
Replied by Buzz50 on topic Popup windows not working on Explorer 10
Is there a planned release of CB to work on IE10?

Buzz50
Mike
Buzz50 Seniors
'Head Buzzer'

10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #229526 by dufreeze
Replied by dufreeze on topic Popup windows not working on Explorer 10
I still have the "problem", no fix yet. In another component I did
get the popup up fixed by adding IE version numbers in the code but
have not come the checking if this could be the same for CB popups.

10 years 10 months ago #229610 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Popup windows not working on Explorer 10
Probably due to curvy corners causing a fatal JS error in IE8+. Please see the below forge ticket.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3887

Quickfix for removing curvy corners (it's not needed anymore) can be found below.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/240-potential-bugs/219270-drop-downs-on-ie-8-not-working?start=6#219512

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #229614 by dufreeze
Replied by dufreeze on topic Popup windows not working on Explorer 10
Thanks for the reply.

Even though I do not have the dropdown problem, I tried out the solution but
there was no change.

Both problems I have seem to be overlib related. I checked the overlib file in the CB component folder and changed the code to include Explorer 10 but also no change.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn