Joomla 3.2 and CB Login

10 years 5 months ago #236503 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Joomla 3.2 and CB Login

trevor.bennett wrote: I am having same/ similar problem: clean install of J 3.1.5 public_html, then "plugged in" my J 2.5.14 database... COULD register new user through CB User Management at least. Existing registrants could also log in from front end.
Then, upgrade to J 3.2 and to CB 1.9.1 from 1.9
- I find that existing Users (registered through CB under j2.5.., CB 1.9) can log in, but users now registering at front end CB Register, cannot, just says Incorrect username or password. Please try again.

I am getting desperate to release this upgraded site, where J3.1.5 (+ cb 1.9) fixed some reported difficulties with self registration; as it is not live yet I can give Nant login details if that will help me and others...
Thanks
Trevor

Please open professional support thread - I have tested on clean J32/CB191 site and on J315->J32/CB191 site without being able to replicate.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 5 months ago #236505 by JoMiller
Replied by JoMiller on topic Joomla 3.2 and CB Login
Hi trevor.bennett
building up a new site I'm having similar problems. After overwriting PW in CB pannel still no access. But after overwriting PW in J the login works fine. I found out that also the new password request was not delivered and the CB Welcome mail contains only the Username. I think the PW was shown ther before (J3.1.x + CB1.9).

Jo

10 years 5 months ago #236508 by trevor.bennett
Replied by trevor.bennett on topic Joomla 3.2 and CB Login
Sorry, can you clarify:"After overwriting PW in CB pannel still no access." - do you mean using CB User Management, select user, edit, enter and confirm a password? I did that, same bad result, user cannot log-in...

Then: "after overwriting PW in J the login works fine" - I do not know what you mean here?

When I tried the "forgot Password" option on front end, we DID get an email and a random pwd - but this did not work either.

I have switched OFF the Strong Passwords option in plugin User - Joomla as advised - does not help!
Trevor

10 years 5 months ago #236533 by PeterMixt
Replied by PeterMixt on topic Joomla 3.2 and CB Login
Hey, there problems with your ReCaptures and Joomla 2.5.16 or 3.2.0 and below?

Google discontinued an old URL scheme yesterday at pretty much the same time Joomla 3.2.0 and 2.5.16 were released which mistakenly led people to believe the updates had broken something. Well they didn't, and they already have the bug identified, and a patch in the queue for fixing it.

In the meantime while we wait for the inevitable 2.5.17 and 3.2.1 (or higher) I've created installable versions of the plugin with the patch in place. (Admittedly the Joomla CMS group are very good at fixing issues promptly).

Just install them through Joomla's extension manager and your ReCaptcha's should start working again.

You can get them from our downloads area.

see the article.
seepeoplesoftware.com/blog/231-joomla-recaptcha-fix.html

PeterMixt

10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #236554 by raqoon
Replied by raqoon on topic Joomla 3.2 and CB Login
I think I'm having the same problem...

I'm still building my site, and first time using Community Builder or Joomla. I had the site working perfectly with the old version. I've upgraded to the new version of Joomla, and then upgraded Community Builder as specified in the admin panel.

The site is working and running, however if a new user signs up, does the registration, confirms their email address etc, the system keeps saying invalid username or password. I have manually created accounts right in the admin panel in CB and it still does not work.

Something is broken with this upgrade. How do I fix this?
Accounts that were there before the upgrade took place, work fine.

I really don't want to have to restore my old version as I've done a fair amount of work on the system since I upgraded, before discovering that this was a problem.

EDIT: If I go into the default Joomla user management and reset the password manually in the admin panel for a new user, it then works.

Would really like a fix for this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PeterMixt

10 years 5 months ago #236556 by UniqueOperator
Replied by UniqueOperator on topic Joomla 3.2 and CB Login
I have similar issues. relatively fresh Joomla 3.16 and CB 1.9.1 all working stable.

Then updated to Joomla 3.2 and disabled "strong passwords" and not using 2 Factor Auth.

Problem is currently registered users can only login 1 time then error no account. No new users registrations can login.

The reset password email sends new password which will work 1 time then error (does not work for new registered users).

On BE, reset user password in CBprofile but user can not login. On BE reset user password in Joomla-user profile and user can login 1 time. This is true for current users and new users.

Published Joomla-Login module and users that SU reset passwords can now login multiple times no problems.

Users can use CBProfile-edit their profile and everything seems to be OK, as long as they don't change password.

Site is low user registration, so for my site, temp workaround is disable CBlogin & Registration and publish & use Joomla-login and Joomla registration, then do a CB User Sync after a user registration. I'm leaving CBprofile and CBprofile-edit published. Seems to work, just a different look and feel. I can live with this for short time while bug is being identified and fixed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PeterMixt

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.365 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn