Warning: is_readable() [function.is-readable]: open_basedir restriction in effect

10 years 1 month ago #242532 by mojtabapordel
Hi
After upgrading Joomla to 2.5.19 version, the problem appeared again. After Registration, this error displays:

Warning: is_readable() [function.is-readable]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/dev/urandom) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home3/.........:/usr/lib/php:/usr/php4/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php4/lib/php:/tmp) in /home3/......../public_html/libraries/phpass/PasswordHash.php on line 51

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 1 month ago #242590 by mwink
Hi: I do have same problem .. using latest CB version 1.9.1 and Joomla 3.2.3

10 years 4 weeks ago #242887 by krileon
We have yet to be able to reproduce this issue. Have tested here today thoroughly with latest J2.5 and J3.0 on PHP 5.3 and PHP 5.5. I suggest contacting your web host as it could be a host configuration problem or posting on the Joomla forums. Doing a bit of searching also suggests it could be due to a 3rd party Authentication or Security extension. Please review what 3rd party plugins you've installed within Extensions > Plug-in Manager and disable them 1 by 1 to see if that resolves your issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 2 days ago #244080 by salabdou

krileon wrote: We have yet to be able to reproduce this issue. Have tested here today thoroughly with latest J2.5 and J3.0 on PHP 5.3 and PHP 5.5. I suggest contacting your web host as it could be a host configuration problem or posting on the Joomla forums. Doing a bit of searching also suggests it could be due to a 3rd party Authentication or Security extension. Please review what 3rd party plugins you've installed within Extensions > Plug-in Manager and disable them 1 by 1 to see if that resolves your issue.

Sorry for my english. I'll try my best to be comprehensive ;)
Thanks a lot krileon for the help.
I had the same problem with ( joomla 2.5.19 and CB 1.9.1 ) and I fixed it using your advice by desactivating "Authentification - Joomla" plugin in joomla plugin manager (in admini backend panel).
Thank you for being helpful (y)

9 years 10 months ago #245999 by raebaca
If you disable the Authentication - Joomla, there is this warning in the plugin:

Warning! You must have at least one authentication plugin enabled or you will lose all access to your site.

I would be curious to know if this effects your site's user registration or if CB actually has it's own and that this suggestion actually solves the problem stated in this thread.

BTW, I am now seeing this error (using J2.5.20 and CB 1.9.1)

Best wishes,
Rae

9 years 10 months ago #246015 by nant

raebaca wrote: If you disable the Authentication - Joomla, there is this warning in the plugin:

Warning! You must have at least one authentication plugin enabled or you will lose all access to your site.

I would be curious to know if this effects your site's user registration or if CB actually has it's own and that this suggestion actually solves the problem stated in this thread.

BTW, I am now seeing this error (using J2.5.20 and CB 1.9.1)

Best wishes,
Rae

We need exact steps to reproduce on a clean Joomla 2.5.X site with CB 1.9.1.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.295 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn