CB re-install failures

9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #246276 by bmowrey
CB re-install failures was created by bmowrey
Ive been having some real issues with CB after reinstalling.
Basically on a prior install that had failed partway, i had used discover function for the component, and this appears to be the source of the issue in some way. The tables already exist but when i use the db update tools, it craps out even afeter dry run is successful.
( there are no custom fields)

1. User manager works ok

2. tab management fails with the error:
Unknown column 'a.viewaccesslevel' in 'on clause' SQL=SELECT a.*, p.name AS pluginname, p.published AS pluginpublished, al.title AS viewaccesslevelname FROM FOC_comprofiler_tabs AS a LEFT JOIN FOC_comprofiler_plugin AS p ON p.id = a.pluginid LEFT JOIN FOC_viewlevels AS al ON al.id = a.viewaccesslevel ORDER BY position, ordering LIMIT 0, 20

3.Field management fails with error:
Unknown column 'tablecolumns' in 'field list' SQL=UPDATE FOC_comprofiler_fields SET tablecolumns = name, pluginid = 1 WHERE pluginid = 0

4. List Management fails with error:
1054 Unknown column 'a.viewaccesslevel' in 'field list' SQL=SELECT a.listid, a.title, a.description, a.published, a.`default`, a.ordering, a.viewaccesslevel, al.title AS viewaccesslevelname, a.useraccessgroupid FROM FOC_comprofiler_lists a LEFT JOIN FOC_viewlevels AS al ON al.id = a.viewaccesslevel ORDER BY ordering LIMIT 0, 20

Plugin Management OK

it appears to mimic this issue : www.joomlapolis.com/forum/146-general/217355-errors-in-tab-field-and-list-management-database-fix-tool-doesnt-help

Any suggestions to resolve this?

Bart

PS also system info:
win 2003/iis6
PHP 5.4.24
joomla 3.31 ember

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #246288 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CB re-install failures
What version of CB do you have installed and what version are you trying to reinstall?

Is this a clean Joomla installation or the result of a migration from 1.5 -> 2.5 -> 3.x ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: bmowrey

9 years 9 months ago #246311 by bmowrey
Replied by bmowrey on topic CB re-install failures
Hi Nick, thanks for attempting to help- I've already resolved it, but i will share my process for any and all who may have experienced the issue. I'm currently running iis6 on a 2003 server. This situation seemed to have happened as a result of a few actions:

1. an attempted upgrade from 3.2.4 ->3.3.1 that would never complete clean or successfully
2. an install and multiple re-install of both CB and Kunena ( both of which would alternately fail and successfully install ( Kunena). Rinse and repeat 100x over the last 48 hrs.
3. Probably also relates to a prior move of the sites from my 2008 virtual server to one of my 2003 servers due to similar issues including white-screening ( AKA WSOD ).

So after i had re-installed Joomla, (then overwriting with the old site resources) thinking it would resolve the issue, I was left with a WSOD and after that was resolved ( due to components folder not being updated), CB profiler would install, but same as before, left out the com_profiler step, ( even though it still appeared in the Joomla menu system ) additionally when i would try to load the component in the admin, i was left with a WSOD, though the site now would render properly, without the top slider resource( still working on this part..). at the same time i was still experiencing a php load size error, which made no sense as id edited the PHP.ini to reflect the typical max upload and post sizes of 20 and 100 M respectively. I came to learn that PHP installs revisions inside its root folder, so the .ini file i was editing and checking was no longer in force c:\program files\php\php.ini, as it was actually inside a 5.4 folder nested inside (C:\Program Files\PHP\v5.4\php.ini) this was only revealed when i searched for php.ini in the system. So now, with a working admin section i decided to change the error reporting in the joomla system. When i did however, i got an error that informed me "You cannot remove your own Super User permissions." (!?!?!?) tried cb and kunena again, both failed miserably, so i googled that superuser error and this link promised a resolution for the superuser error

www.bectin.com/random-insights/joomla/113-save-failed-with-the-following-error-you-cannot-remove-your-own-super-admin-permissions

If you receive the error: Save failed with the following error: You cannot remove your own Super Admin permissions when trying to change the password or user name of the SuperAdmin on your Joomla 2.5 system, do the following:

You need to change a setting in the database.
1. Locate the _assets table in your database.
2. The first entry should be id # 1 and have a name of root.1 and a title of Root Asset.
2. Edit this entry and change the lft column from a 1 to a zero.
2. Save the change.
3.You should now be able to modify your superpadmin id and passwords.

Now stuff starts working correctly. all installs completed without a problem. I still have the slider render issue but im not too concerned about that. Hope this helps someone else...

Bart
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

9 years 7 months ago #247967 by ernienet
Replied by ernienet on topic CB re-install failures
I've been upgrading Joomla 1.5 sites to 3.3.3 with CB successfully for a few weeks now. Tonight I ran into the Error 1054 issue on an upgraded site.

Error: 1054 - Unknown column 'company' in 'order clause' SQL=SELECT DISTINCT ue.*, u.*, '' AS 'NA' FROM xxx_users u JOIN xxx_user_usergroup_map g ON g.`user_id` = u.`id` JOIN xxx_comprofiler ue ON ue.`id` = u.`id` WHERE u.block = 0 AND ue.approved = 1 AND ue.confirmed = 1 AND g.group_id IN ( 9, 6, 7, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8) AND (cb_categories LIKE '%Associations%' AND (`cb_nolist` IS NULL OR `cb_nolist` < 1)) ORDER BY `lastname` ASC, `firstname` ASC, `company` ASC LIMIT 0, 30

It happens only for the lists where I'm filtering by cb_categories and cb_nolist. I haveth this same set up on over twenty web sites that I've recently upgraded, but this error isn't happening with the other site. Also, other lists that are filtered by other criteria not involving the cb_categories field are working correctly.

Is there anything in that error message above that can point me in the right direction? When I open the lists to edit, I don't get any error messages indicating that there is something wrong with the columns or fields (like one was unpublished or something like that).

Thank you,

Ernie

9 years 7 months ago #247983 by ernienet
Replied by ernienet on topic CB re-install failures
I found the problem. It was cb_company, not company. Not sure how that happened. but I went into the database and fixed the sortfields value in all the lists that used it, and it fixed it.

Thanks,

Ernie

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn