Developers community

9 years 9 months ago #246735 by e_del
Developers community was created by e_del
Hello,
I want to setup a prototype website based on joomla/CB (I'm figuring out if CB is actually needed, or the plain Joomla is sufficient), where some degree of customization will be occur.
I'm quite comfortable in setup/customizing Joomla, and hopefully CB won't be an issue too, but I'm in lack of both knowledge and time when it comes on developing/customizing modules...
I'd consider spending some money to hire someone that can help and speed the process, but I don't know what is the state of the art (and costs) for this.
Is there any company/professional/developer community/etc... I can reliably refer to?
Any hint is appreciated
thanks in advance
Enrico Dell'Aquila

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 9 months ago #246741 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Developers community

e_del wrote: Hello,
I want to setup a prototype website based on joomla/CB (I'm figuring out if CB is actually needed, or the plain Joomla is sufficient), where some degree of customization will be occur.
I'm quite comfortable in setup/customizing Joomla, and hopefully CB won't be an issue too, but I'm in lack of both knowledge and time when it comes on developing/customizing modules...
I'd consider spending some money to hire someone that can help and speed the process, but I don't know what is the state of the art (and costs) for this.
Is there any company/professional/developer community/etc... I can reliably refer to?
Any hint is appreciated
thanks in advance
Enrico Dell'Aquila

Hi and thanks for posting.

To be honest I have not understood the nature of your question nor the use case of your prototype website.

Community Builder has a large community and there are many freelancers doing projects with CB also.

We also have Professional and Developer membership levels that give access to more add-ons and support forum posting to assist you with issues regarding configuration and usage of our add-ons.

9 years 9 months ago #246761 by e_del
Replied by e_del on topic Developers community
sorry, my bad, I wasn't clear enough...
I want to setup a joomla/CB website as a proof-of-concept for a project I intend to submit to potential clients.
I'm able to setup and configure a joomla portal, the add ons, the CSS, etc...
For my project I'll need some customization/development, but I have neither the time nor the will of studying the correct way of tweaking the code of such products.
My idea is, if needed, to find some more reliable person that can help me in this development...
I'd like to:
1) Estimate, if possible, an approximate cost, based on "average" similar operations
2) Have some pointers to well-known companies/freelance that can do the work, at a reasonable cost (trying to avoid the script-kiddies)
In case I can go more in detail about my idea, but I'd want not be too boring here in public... :)
I'm quite new to this joomla-dev field, so I need some advice...
thanks anyway for answering.
Enrico

9 years 9 months ago #246772 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Developers community

e_del wrote: sorry, my bad, I wasn't clear enough...
I want to setup a joomla/CB website as a proof-of-concept for a project I intend to submit to potential clients.
I'm able to setup and configure a joomla portal, the add ons, the CSS, etc...
For my project I'll need some customization/development, but I have neither the time nor the will of studying the correct way of tweaking the code of such products.
My idea is, if needed, to find some more reliable person that can help me in this development...
I'd like to:
1) Estimate, if possible, an approximate cost, based on "average" similar operations
2) Have some pointers to well-known companies/freelance that can do the work, at a reasonable cost (trying to avoid the script-kiddies)
In case I can go more in detail about my idea, but I'd want not be too boring here in public... :)
I'm quite new to this joomla-dev field, so I need some advice...
thanks anyway for answering.
Enrico

ok, so as I understand you now, at this point you are just looking for general recommendations for "developers/integrators" that can help you with your CB/Joomla use case.

There are many freelancing sites (joomlancers for example) that you can post specific project descriptions and get specific offers and you can review profiles of developers and previous projects they have done.

The CB Team does not really do such custom work but we will try and assist as much a possible with specific questions on our Professional and Developer forums.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn