Two different login areas and two different users lists

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #247404 by southga
I'm developing a website for tutors and students. I was wondering if it's possible to have two different registration areas - one for students and one for tutors. I just purchased an extension that separates users into one of those groups based on their selection in the registration form, but there are some fields in the tutor registration that students don't need to worry about. Basically, I'd like for people to either register as a student (with a "Register as Student" link) or as a tutor ("Register as a Tutor").

Also, I'd like to have a menu item for group so that if someone clicks on "Students" the student profiles come up, and the same for "Tutors".

Is this even possible without having to spend a fortune on other CB extensions?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 7 months ago #247426 by nant

southga wrote: I'm developing a website for tutors and students. I was wondering if it's possible to have two different registration areas - one for students and one for tutors. I just purchased an extension that separates users into one of those groups based on their selection in the registration form, but there are some fields in the tutor registration that students don't need to worry about. Basically, I'd like for people to either register as a student (with a "Register as Student" link) or as a tutor ("Register as a Tutor").

Also, I'd like to have a menu item for group so that if someone clicks on "Students" the student profiles come up, and the same for "Tutors".

Is this even possible without having to spend a fortune on other CB extensions?

Not sure what extension you purchased.

Solutions for this are 2 as far as Joomlapolis add-ons go.

1. CBSubs can do this
2. CB Conditionals can be used to do this (part of Professional membership).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn