"member since" field time calculation error ?

9 years 8 months ago #247750 by plastic1st
Hello.

I have noticed a little weird thing on my website.
The Joomla "registerDate" field is used to calculate the "member since" field displayed in days/months/years on each member profile.

One of my members is registered since 111 days. On his member page, the info displayed is "member since 4 months", which is not correct.

The error is not really important, but I have a member search page on my website, which displays a preview for each members found. As the "member since" info is displayed on the results list preview, I would like to have the same number of months that on the member profile page ;-)

Does anyone know the way this number of days/months/years since registration is calculated, or where I can find the function which calculates this number ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

plastic1st

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 8 months ago #247833 by plastic1st
Replied by plastic1st on topic "member since" field time calculation error ?
I have performed some tests with different registration dates, and I don't understand the way the "member since" field is calculated :silly:

I have decreased the registerDate field in my DB, month by month, and each time I have refreshed the member page, to get the corresponding "member since" field value.
The value (in months) increases from 1 month to 19 months, and then (on the 20th month), the displayed value is "2 years"... (so it will never display "1 year"...)

Is there a way to modify the way this value is calculated ?
Any help would be very appreciated.

plastic1st

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn