Suddenly registration page redirects to option=com_user&view=register

9 years 7 months ago #248577 by thanili
Guys!

please help here!

Registration stopped working. Please take a look here:

dev.destinationcrete.gr/my-crete/register-cb

when the user submits his details he is being redirected to:

dev.destinationcrete.gr/index.php?option=com_user&view=register

which gives a 404 error! I have disabled user registration from Joomla Global Config settings and i have set YES at the Community Builder/General Configuration/Registration tab!

This was working sometime ago.

Any ideas why am i redirected to "index.php?option=com_user&view=register" URL?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 7 months ago #248586 by thanili
Managed to restore proper cb registration to work be disabling plugins (type=user):

User - Joomla!
User - K2

Is this mandatory? I have not found anything relevant in this forum or at cb documentation!

Any ideas about it?

9 years 7 months ago #248587 by thanili
Unfortunately this is not a solution (disabling user plugin)!

I can register a new user but i can not login!

Any help or ideas in here?

9 years 7 months ago #248595 by nant

thanili wrote: Unfortunately this is not a solution (disabling user plugin)!

I can register a new user but i can not login!

Any help or ideas in here?

Free download area - download and install and publish the CB Core redirect plugin.

9 years 7 months ago #248596 by thanili
Thanks for responding!

Ok i will do it and hopefully it will work BUT why registration WAS working and "suddenly" stopped?

Yesterday i tried all possible configuration options (edited CB registration configuration and Joomla global configuration relevant options many times enabling/disabling both) and at a point after some tests registration form started working normally!

Any ideas of why such a unstable behavior occured?

9 years 7 months ago #248598 by nant

thanili wrote: Thanks for responding!

Ok i will do it and hopefully it will work BUT why registration WAS working and "suddenly" stopped?

Yesterday i tried all possible configuration options (edited CB registration configuration and Joomla global configuration relevant options many times enabling/disabling both) and at a point after some tests registration form started working normally!

Any ideas of why such a unstable behavior occured?

No idea why things suddenly stopped - I can assure you the code did not change, so something else did.

The CB COre redirect plugin will redirect any request sent to a Joomla login or registration form to the equivalent CB one.

This is needed if for example someone tries to access a URL that is taking you to some content that needs login to view - joomla by default redirects people to login/register to view.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn