Banning users (kunena + CB)

9 years 6 months ago #250351 by estepki
Banning users (kunena + CB) was created by estepki
Hey guys,

I'm currently running:
- Community Builder 2.0
- Kunena Forums 3.0.6
- Joomla 3.3.6

I'm setting up a website for a group I'm with and had a question about banning users...

I have both the CB forum plugin set to Kunena 3.x, and the Kunena CB intergration plugin enabled.
When I ban a user on CB, it does not ban their account on the forums, so a banned CB user can still post on the forums.

Is there some way to make it so my admins don't need to ban a user in two locations?
Or is something just not configured/working right?

On a side note...
Is it possible to make it more obvious when a user is banned (rather then just a single line in the workflow module, and then the notification on their profile page)?
Or restrict their access to areas when banned (i.e. display a "sorry, you are banned, you cannot access this" or something)?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago #250378 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Banning users (kunena + CB)

estepki wrote: I have both the CB forum plugin set to Kunena 3.x, and the Kunena CB intergration plugin enabled.
When I ban a user on CB, it does not ban their account on the forums, so a banned CB user can still post on the forums.

Nice new feature for future release - I have opened a tracker item for it for future consideration.

Is there some way to make it so my admins don't need to ban a user in two locations?
Or is something just not configured/working right?

I guess you can create an SQL auto action to do this in the meantime (professional membership needed for CB Auto Action).

On a side note...
Is it possible to make it more obvious when a user is banned (rather then just a single line in the workflow module, and then the notification on their profile page)?
Or restrict their access to areas when banned (i.e. display a "sorry, you are banned, you cannot access this" or something)?

I guess you can also use a groups auto action to automatically put a user in a special group that restricts access to various areas in Joomla.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn