Public User List will not allow visitor to click Send Email (profile protected for Members only?)

9 years 6 months ago #250440 by mmccormick
I have two User Lists:

A Public Professional Services Directory (Find a Provider) -- anyone can view this list
A Private Member Directory -- only registered members with subscriptions can view this list.

The Issues:

On the PUBLIC Directory, the email is hidden by a link that states "Send Email"; however, when you click the Send Email link you get the message "You are not authorized to view this page! A MSHA Membership is Required. You need to log in."
** I want the visitors to be able to contact these people -- it is a referral listing that they pay for.

Also on the PUBLIC Directory, the name is linked to their User Profile. This link also gives a "not authorized" error, which is correct. However, would be better to not have it link at all -- possible to remove this link?

This email field is used only by the PAID Public listing, but I can not see anyplace to allow non-registered users to view it. I may not using CBsubs protect to block this field.

See it at mdslha.org/resources/find-a-provider

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago #250452 by nant

mmccormick wrote: I have two User Lists:

A Public Professional Services Directory (Find a Provider) -- anyone can view this list
A Private Member Directory -- only registered members with subscriptions can view this list.

The Issues:

On the PUBLIC Directory, the email is hidden by a link that states "Send Email"; however, when you click the Send Email link you get the message "You are not authorized to view this page! A MSHA Membership is Required. You need to log in."
** I want the visitors to be able to contact these people -- it is a referral listing that they pay for.

Also on the PUBLIC Directory, the name is linked to their User Profile. This link also gives a "not authorized" error, which is correct. However, would be better to not have it link at all -- possible to remove this link?

This email field is used only by the PAID Public listing, but I can not see anyplace to allow non-registered users to view it. I may not using CBsubs protect to block this field.

See it at mdslha.org/resources/find-a-provider

Public emailing is not permitted with CB 1.9.1 (if that is what you are using as you did not provide this information).

9 years 6 months ago #250506 by mmccormick
Yes it is 1.9.1; it masks the email however, so how can this be useful as a directory for those seeking referrals (can the email just be listed, unlinked)?

And can the linking for this list to Member Profile and Email be turned off (can I create an override?).

9 years 6 months ago #250507 by nant

mmccormick wrote: Yes it is 1.9.1; it masks the email however, so how can this be useful as a directory for those seeking referrals (can the email just be listed, unlinked)?

And can the linking for this list to Member Profile and Email be turned off (can I create an override?).

You can list an email address on a public user list if it is published on your profile.

9 years 6 months ago #250518 by mmccormick
They are published. I switched to a secondary email field and now it shows the address. I guess CB somehow shows Primary Email with the Send Email link?

9 years 6 months ago #250520 by nant

mmccormick wrote: They are published. I switched to a secondary email field and now it shows the address. I guess CB somehow shows Primary Email with the Send Email link?

If you configured it this way on your CB Configuration settings yes.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn