pb with email to contact a user

9 years 2 months ago #256174 by tebc
pb with email to contact a user was created by tebc
Hi all,
I have a problem with the message email
When a user visit the profile of another user, he can send a message to him with the menu "send a email to ***".
This form works great, but the email received is not well presented.

Here is my example (in french):

In yellow you can see the header message in double, and not exactly the sames...
Where can I custom that ?

In red you can the "wonderfull" message test I send. It's not at the right place, it sould be before.
And at this place, it sould be the email address of the sender. Isn't it ?

So, WTF ? Language file or settings ?
Thanks for your help

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #257626 by tebc
Replied by tebc on topic pb with email to contact a user
Hello,
I advance slowly ...

So, I have multiples pb:

- my settings: it's necessery to fill fields for the registration, or to modify the language file for remove this empty fields

- language file (/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/fr-fr/language.php) at line 310:

'EMAIL_NOTE_WHEN_REPLYING_CHECK_ADDRESS' => 'En répondant, merci de vérifier avec attention que l\'adresse email de [formatname] est bien [_email]. ',

I have add a 'space' at the end (just after the terminal 'dot' of this sentence), otherwise the mailto: link continues with the beginning of the message
I think it should be better if there is a line break here. How to do that please?

- I have an ultime pb: the email address that is filled in the message is that of the CB registration. That is not my need.
This is a message FROM a user TO another user, and in the mail the recipient should see the sender's address, not that of the website.
How to modify that, please ?

And a last question: how to do override for the languages?

Any help will be appreciated.

(Note : I have add an underscore in the email balise, for correct display in this forum)

9 years 2 months ago #257805 by heyai
Replied by heyai on topic pb with email to contact a user
Community Builder -> Configuration -> General -> Emails Sent From should address one of the problems.
Language overrides have been described on the forum, have you searched for it?

hey-ai - the community for asian guys and non-asian girls

The search bar is your friend, not just decoration!

9 years 2 months ago #257855 by tebc
Replied by tebc on topic pb with email to contact a user
hello,
@heyai: thanks for your answer!

I've see this setting. But my pb is to see the sender's address IN the mail. When a user send a message to another user we have the 'reply to' information. So why not IN the email?

Yes I've search in the forum for the language override.... but after my question ;)

Thanks by advance for the other questions...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn