Translation of Tab Descriptions and Customer Fields

9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #257044 by thongsandals
Hello,

since a long time i try to translate from my site with CB 1.9.1, using languange files.
english.php to spanish.php with de Strings:

DEFINE('_cb_englischText','Spanish TranlationText');

this works fine for nearly everyting except:

1) Description of TABs: it says automatically "_cb_Tab_Des" in the body, but not way that the language.php string catch that (like DEFINE('cb_Tab_Des','Description of the tab");
either
2) Custom generated fields that the user might have to answer like:
Inside of a Tab, a question could be: What is your transport system? the options like "Train", "Car", Bike" - if the user enters the spanish version, should be "Tren", "Coche", "Moto"

Is there no place or string that i can use like
Car="Coche"

I think that i have seen that - or some similar- with jomSocial in a kind of es-ES.community.ini file (maybe not exact that name), but i tooks the strings and translated it pending on languanges options choice by the user.

I have tried to read the Language Package CB 1.2.3 instructions, but maybe i am not a very professional with php and coding, so if the solution is there, i probably didnt get it.

Hope there is somebody who can help.

Thanks in advanced.
Regards
Alex
CB1.9.1,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago #257564 by thongsandals
Replied by thongsandals on topic Translation of Tab Descriptions and Customer Fields
Hello.

Really nobody can help or give a hint how to do?
Cant believe that i have a lonely issue that nobody else has ;)

Would be nice to use the CB tool for "multilanguage" full. Thanks

Regards

9 years 1 month ago #259389 by gtrennert
Hello
I don't have your version of cb - I'm on version 2
But how did install the cb language plugin ?
And did you create a folder for spanish translations
In CB2 its here : components\com_comprofiler\plugin\language
but in your version it might be at another place

9 years 1 month ago #259975 by thongsandals
Replied by thongsandals on topic Translation of Tab Descriptions and Customer Fields
Dear gtrennert, thank for your reply and i must say: oh my god!. You made me think and check again about the structure of the values inside the SQL DB and i found my (MY!) error. It was wrong titled/indexed. When i added the lines inside the plugin languagefile, i discovered that somehow there were renamed - normally starting wie _cb_xx or _UE_ - > mine didnt hat anything of that.(maybe buy doing issues with upgrading etc, ...)

It is as you said, its there and simple: inside the standard language file, i just had to compare again my own structure. Sorry for loosing the time to anybody who gots with my issue.

Thanks again and sorry.

Best regards.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn