Custom field in Community Builder

9 years 1 month ago #259204 by rahulwavikar
Custom field in Community Builder was created by rahulwavikar
I want to customize a new custom field in Community Builder. This custom field is mandatory for users to register their profile. Users need to enter a valid license code in the form of a text string in the custom field. The custom field will then look up that particular text string (proprietary license code) in a license code text file residing on a local (or remote) location and validate the text string to allow users to register their profile successfully. I tried using the custom Perl regular expression to enable the custom field in Community Builder to look up the text string and validate it against the text file. However, the code does not seem to be working. It seems some tweaking needs to be done to the php code in the cb.core.php file in order for this custom field to work correctly.

I have attached the sample license code text file to this thread.

I would highly appreciate any help regarding this issue.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago #259205 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Custom field in Community Builder

rahulwavikar wrote: I want to customize a new custom field in Community Builder. This custom field is mandatory for users to register their profile. Users need to enter a valid license code in the form of a text string in the custom field. The custom field will then look up that particular text string (proprietary license code) in a license code text file residing on a local (or remote) location and validate the text string to allow users to register their profile successfully. I tried using the custom Perl regular expression to enable the custom field in Community Builder to look up the text string and validate it against the text file. However, the code does not seem to be working. It seems some tweaking needs to be done to the php code in the cb.core.php file in order for this custom field to work correctly.

I have attached the sample license code text file to this thread.

I would highly appreciate any help regarding this issue.

You can do this without hacking any code using the CB Query plugin (Professional membership needed).

Actually here are 2 video tutorials addressing a similar use cases:

www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp0puRITgC7MM9iP9FooKB1qk8f5MLWVp

9 years 1 month ago #259729 by rahulwavikar
Replied by rahulwavikar on topic Custom field in Community Builder
Thanks for the prompt reply. However, the youtube video link seems to be broken. I took the cue and searched youtube for related videos but it did not yield any useful stuff. I am wondering how to make the Perl regular expression in the custom field can talk to the PHP code of the Community Builder that matches the value typed in the by the user against the value present in the license text file.

9 years 1 month ago #259732 by nant

rahulwavikar wrote: Thanks for the prompt reply. However, the youtube video link seems to be broken.

No it is not broken. Just click on it - do not try and copy paste it.

I took the cue and searched youtube for related videos but it did not yield any useful stuff.

There are 2 videos in the playlist link I posted describing the CB Query plugin.

I am wondering how to make the Perl regular expression in the custom field can talk to the PHP code of the Community Builder that matches the value typed in the by the user against the value present in the license text file.

Yes you can create a new CB Field plugin to do this if you have the knowledge.

But I still think using the CB Query plugin to validate against a database query is your easiest approach.

Nothing more I can add really.

8 years 9 months ago #265835 by rahulwavikar
Replied by rahulwavikar on topic Custom field in Community Builder
Thanks for the response. Can you please let me know how much the CB Query plugin costs? My organization is interested in purchasing it provided it's within their budget. We are also interested in getting support for using and implementing this plugin after the purchase.

8 years 9 months ago #265842 by nant

rahulwavikar wrote: Thanks for the response. Can you please let me know how much the CB Query plugin costs? My organization is interested in purchasing it provided it's within their budget. We are also interested in getting support for using and implementing this plugin after the purchase.

It is part of the Professional membership subscription.

www.joomlapolis.com/memberships

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn