Site migration - CB PHP problems?

9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #262205 by philipchurch
Site migration - CB PHP problems? was created by philipchurch
Hi All

I am trying to trace the problem in a site I have running CB 1.9.1 with CBSubs 3.0.0. I want to upgrade to latest versions, but I need to move from one server to the next first.

I have taken a copy of the directory from the old server, setup a test website on the new server and migrated over the database. Trouble is, I cannot logon using the CB logon - or the Joomla logon - module on the new site. I get no errors, but after entering username and password and submitting the page just refreshes.

I have done a clean install of Joomla on the new server and this allows me to logon, but then I cannot install 1.9.1 onto the Joomla base.... I must be doing something wrong, but I am now so frustrated I don't think I am seeing things straight. I am technically competent, but not a PHP pro..

On the old server, I am running:
- Joomla 2.5.28
- Apache 2.2.22
- PHP 5.2.17
- MySQL 5.5.27

The new server is running:
- Joomla 2.5.28
- Apache 2.4.9
- PHP 5.5.14
- MySQL 5.6.23

I have a fair use of Kuena and Phoca integrated with ~5GB in the website - so a migration really would save me some time :). I have tried some migration modules, but none work perfectly and I end up doing a whole lot of SQL. There are parameters in CB fields that I need maintain the link to the users - so the CB migration is what is holding me up.

I would be grateful for hints suggestions..

Philip

P.S. - I should add that I run this website on behalf of a club in my spare time - so any suggestions to make a more "automated" migration would be really appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 2 weeks ago #262209 by nant

9 years 1 week ago #262549 by philipchurch
Replied by philipchurch on topic Site migration - CB PHP problems?
:blush: Thanks - took me a few attempts but I got it working in the end.

Should I be upgrading CB and CBSubs now going to upgrade Joomla to v3?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.423 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn