Maximum PHP file upload size is too small:

8 years 11 months ago #263177 by John T
Installed Joomla 3.4.1 on Windows 8.1 using Web Matrix. I tried to load the extension pkg_communitybuilder_2.0.7+15e504022 and I received the message below...

Error

There was an error uploading this file to the server.
Maximum PHP file upload size is too small: This is set in php.ini in both upload_max_filesize and post_max_size settings of your PHP settings (located in php.ini and/or .htaccess file).

Unable to find install package

I changed the php.ini in both the (upload_max_filesize) and (post_max_size settings) from 2M to 8M and that didn't work, so I changed them again to 0M which is supposed to make the upload unlimited. This didn't work ether. There isn't a .htaccess to change the upload size in.

I need someone to walk me through what I can do next to get the community builder to install in my Joomla so I can learn how to work with it.

Thanks.
JT

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago #263190 by nant

John T wrote: Installed Joomla 3.4.1 on Windows 8.1 using Web Matrix. I tried to load the extension pkg_communitybuilder_2.0.7+15e504022 and I received the message below...

Error

There was an error uploading this file to the server.
Maximum PHP file upload size is too small: This is set in php.ini in both upload_max_filesize and post_max_size settings of your PHP settings (located in php.ini and/or .htaccess file).

Unable to find install package

I changed the php.ini in both the (upload_max_filesize) and (post_max_size settings) from 2M to 8M and that didn't work, so I changed them again to 0M which is supposed to make the upload unlimited. This didn't work ether. There isn't a .htaccess to change the upload size in.

I need someone to walk me through what I can do next to get the community builder to install in my Joomla so I can learn how to work with it.

Thanks.
JT

You should contact your host helpdesk to help you with the PHP parameter changes.

Different hosts have different processes.

8 years 11 months ago #263221 by John T
Replied by John T on topic Maximum PHP file upload size is too small:
Thank you, I am the host. Joomla is installed on my computer for experimenting with programs, before putting them live on the web. Web Matrix runs the MYSQL for the database. All the other plugins work.

8 years 11 months ago #263222 by nant

John T wrote: Thank you, I am the host. Joomla is installed on my computer for experimenting with programs, before putting them live on the web. Web Matrix runs the MYSQL for the database. All the other plugins work.

I am not familiar with PHP on Windows.

Best I can suggest is to check your Joomla System -> System Information -> PHP Information tab so see if your ini settings are really picked up.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn