New Field Collation

8 years 11 months ago #263200 by theodore.g
New Field Collation was created by theodore.g
Hello

i have the following weird problem, i have a site that uses CB and i had created some user registration fields that worked fine after i changed the collation to utf8 however i tried to add some more fields and for some weird reason the new fields show up as ?????? in the frontpage.

I have checked the collation for the tables as well as the whole database and despite the fact that the tables _comprofiler_field_values and _comprofiler_fields both use UTF8 the fields still show up as ?????

The site and all the information are in Greek so i am pretty sure that utf8_general_ci is the way to go.

Any ideas what i might be missing?

PHP Version 5.3.29
Joomla! Version Joomla! 3.4.1
CB Version 2.0.7

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago #263203 by nant
Replied by nant on topic New Field Collation

theodore.g wrote: Hello

i have the following weird problem, i have a site that uses CB and i had created some user registration fields that worked fine after i changed the collation to utf8 however i tried to add some more fields and for some weird reason the new fields show up as ?????? in the frontpage.

I have checked the collation for the tables as well as the whole database and despite the fact that the tables _comprofiler_field_values and _comprofiler_fields both use UTF8 the fields still show up as ?????

The site and all the information are in Greek so i am pretty sure that utf8_general_ci is the way to go.

Any ideas what i might be missing?

PHP Version 5.3.29
Joomla! Version Joomla! 3.4.1
CB Version 2.0.7

Is your database configured for utf8_general_ci collation?
All tables need to be also and all text fields.

Check the columns of the comprofiler table.

8 years 11 months ago #263205 by theodore.g
Replied by theodore.g on topic New Field Collation
I just noticed i had forgotten to change the comprofiler table

Thanks a million that solved my issue!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn