Whole registration form not shown in IE, but in Firefox

8 years 11 months ago #263955 by HThole
HELP!

I've got a problem. I set up CB 2.0.8, and everything works fine, until the first unlucky guy using IE tried to register on my site.

The Problem: The whole formular isn't shown on the site, only the Registration-button appears.

The site has a valid SSL-Certificate and is avalilable only via https. The site and the regsitration works fine on Firefox and Opera.

What can I do? I have still no clue on where to search for the "problem".

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 11 months ago #263959 by nant

HThole wrote: HELP!

I've got a problem. I set up CB 2.0.8, and everything works fine, until the first unlucky guy using IE tried to register on my site.

The Problem: The whole formular isn't shown on the site, only the Registration-button appears.

The site has a valid SSL-Certificate and is avalilable only via https. The site and the regsitration works fine on Firefox and Opera.

What can I do? I have still no clue on where to search for the "problem".

First test with default Joomla template to see if the issue is template related.

If it works ok with Joomla default template then seek help from your template provider.

If things also fail with default Joomla template then post back details.

Joomla version and IE version you are testing.

8 years 11 months ago #264242 by HThole
Problem got solved.

I had to switch off the setting "Optimize Script Tags" in Joomlashine's template backend. This should be taken as an advice to all Joomlashine users as this setting seems to be buggy.

It took me round a week to work this nasty habit from Joomlashine's template out.

Thanks to Nant for his fast reply, Joomlashine needed 4 days to answer, though I have a full support contract there.

8 years 11 months ago #264246 by nant

HThole wrote: Problem got solved.

I had to switch off the setting "Optimize Script Tags" in Joomlashine's template backend. This should be taken as an advice to all Joomlashine users as this setting seems to be buggy.

It took me round a week to work this nasty habit from Joomlashine's template out.

Thanks to Nant for his fast reply, Joomlashine needed 4 days to answer, though I have a full support contract there.

I guess this setting is actually messing up javascript and css loaded by other extensions on you pages - it will give you virtually no performance improvement but you will experience such issues - keep it off.

Regarding your support comment - well you were lucky I took the time to reply on our free forums.

Thank our paid members that keep us funded.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn