Locked myself out of Super User permissions

8 years 10 months ago #264473 by Hazel1919
Hi there, I have been attempting to configure my user permissions to show a menu item that links to the administration control panel for both the super user (me) and my administrators group.

In doing so I added myself to the administrator group from the community builder user manager. This subsequently locked my out of my permissions as a super user and I can not access the permissions or user groups configuration now.

As a result I have to restore the site back to yesterdays settings.

What could have gone wrong here?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 10 months ago #264475 by nant

Hazel1919 wrote: Hi there, I have been attempting to configure my user permissions to show a menu item that links to the administration control panel for both the super user (me) and my administrators group.

In doing so I added myself to the administrator group from the community builder user manager. This subsequently locked my out of my permissions as a super user and I can not access the permissions or user groups configuration now.

As a result I have to restore the site back to yesterdays settings.

What could have gone wrong here?

No idea - if you can provide detailed instructions on what you did exactly then maybe someone can comment - sounds like a Joomla issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hazel1919

8 years 10 months ago #264478 by Hazel1919
Replied by Hazel1919 on topic Locked myself out of Super User permissions
Unfortunately I can not even view my settings due to this issue, otherwise I would have provided screenshots of my settings.

Very frustrating, but I am doing a full restoration with Akeeba backup.

----

By the way I just want to personally thank you so much for such an excellent product and you comprehensive tutorial videos. They are absolutely invaluable and I am watching them for a second time!

8 years 10 months ago #264479 by nant

Hazel1919 wrote: Unfortunately I can not even view my settings due to this issue, otherwise I would have provided screenshots of my settings.

Very frustrating, but I am doing a full restoration with Akeeba backup.

Good that you have a backup ;-)

Yup, Joomla ACL really gives you lots of rope to hang yourself if you are not careful.

By the way I just want to personally thank you so much for such an excellent product and you comprehensive tutorial videos. They are absolutely invaluable and I am watching them for a second time!

Cool - glad people are appreciating them.

8 years 10 months ago #264480 by Hazel1919
Replied by Hazel1919 on topic Locked myself out of Super User permissions
Great, thanks for the quick responses, we are back up and running at full mast! Thanks again for all the time and effort, it has a great impact!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn