Timeout Help

8 years 10 months ago #264540 by larrykaiser
Timeout Help was created by larrykaiser
I recently upgraded from 1.9 to 2.0.8. Since the upgrade when my users login to the front end of the website, they no longer time out after 30 minutes. Since it has been almost 2 years since this site was set-up, I do not remember where the setting is for this. Did it move in 2.0.8? I would think it would be in the login module, but I am not seeing it.

Can someone please point me to where this setting is now?

Thanks
Larry

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 10 months ago #264617 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Timeout Help

larrykaiser wrote: I recently upgraded from 1.9 to 2.0.8. Since the upgrade when my users login to the front end of the website, they no longer time out after 30 minutes. Since it has been almost 2 years since this site was set-up, I do not remember where the setting is for this. Did it move in 2.0.8? I would think it would be in the login module, but I am not seeing it.

Can someone please point me to where this setting is now?

Thanks
Larry

There has never been such a setting in Community Builder.

Session times have always been set from Joomla parameters.

8 years 10 months ago #264623 by larrykaiser
Replied by larrykaiser on topic Timeout Help
Hmm, ok, that's interesting. Ever since my upgrade to 2.0.8 user sessions are not timed out. I the time out set for 20 minutes in global configuration, but it is not disconnecting them.

Thank you

8 years 2 weeks ago #279895 by lely
Replied by lely on topic Timeout Help
I am having this issue also, though we are not sure when it started. We have changed the global configuration, but it does not impact the situation. Users log in on the front end, and their sessions never time out.

joomla 3.5.0/php 5.6.16/CB 2.0.14

Thank you in advance for any insight!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds