Admin editing user profile requires users password

8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #267211 by brewer1st
I have Joomla 3.4.3 and CB 2.0.10. When a user signs up and confirms their email the moderators click to approve the user. The user does not change to "registered" which we need for the remainder of the site. The admin goes into the CB user menu and click on "Registered" then save. The save fails highlighting the "Verifiy Password" field.

If we go into the Joomla user manager we can make the change without the error.

Is there a configuration where we can have "registered" flag on approve in the CB user menu?
Is there a fix where we can change the Group without the error in the CB user menu?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 8 months ago #267315 by brewer1st
Solved...
This error was not CB. It was the way in which Lastpass works with CB. I have lastpass enabled for the number of sites I manage. With CB, when you go to a profile as a moderator, the username and first PW field is populated by Lastpass. It changed the way CB works in a browser without Lastpass active. This does not occur in Joomla's (or Wordpress's) native user manager.

You can see the user name change to an LP one and one of the two pw fields will fill with "*" placeholders when it is working incorrectly. When in a non LP managed screen the username does not change and no password fields are filled at all.

Thanks to those that looked at the post. I am taking the default group question to a new posting.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.330 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn