Locked myself out of admin section while using CB mass email feature.

8 years 8 months ago #267991 by maydayjoey
I may have done something and didn't realize it.

I had logged in and out several times today.

I then decided to send a mass email using the CB feature.

I sorted all the users using the Batch feature
--> registered --> Confirmed (then selected SOrt or something similar)

and I believe that's it, highlighted all of the uses

Then selected mass email... It popped up with the same page again and said I didn't have permission to do this. So I logged out and back in figuring my session had expired.

Logged in fine, navigated to the CB tab and the USERS then did the same things again and received the same message then was logged out.

I switched computers and tried logging on again and receive the same error in the admin log in:

I'm assuming I managed to set my account to a standard registered user. Actually I just checked and that's what it looks like I did, when I look at my posts under Kunena it shows me as an "elite member" instead of Admin.

I do not have a back up of the site, I think the server has a date back up of the database, Is this my best option?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 8 months ago #268006 by Satchi
You can try the configuration.php trick to set yourself as superadmin.

Using cpanel or FTP, get a copy of your configuration.php file (make sure file permissions are 644 which means read/write, read, read)

add this line to the bottom: public $root_user = ‘username';

(replace 'username' with your current login name -- no matter what, do NOT use an account you haven't created yet)

save changes and reupload the file

Login to your admin panel, change the permissions you need to change.

remove the line you added to the config file once everything is working properly. (I suggest you make an extra admin acct on first login, so if anything goes wrong, you still have access after removing the public $root_user = ‘username'; line from the config file)

Please keep in mind, this was really old school. Not 100% sure if it works on this version of Joomla. I haven't needed it in a while. :)

good luck,

Satchi

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn