Moderator disable account from frontend

8 years 7 months ago #270293 by sectioninformatique
Moderator disable account from frontend was created by sectioninformatique
Hello,

Is there any way to allow moderators to disable accounts from the frontend ? I really mean "disable" account, not banish.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 7 months ago #270308 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Moderator disable account from frontend

dviret wrote: Hello,

Is there any way to allow moderators to disable accounts from the frontend ? I really mean "disable" account, not banish.

The CB Privacy add-ons give this functionality - it is part of the Professional membership
The following user(s) said Thank You: sectioninformatique

8 years 7 months ago #270311 by sectioninformatique
Replied by sectioninformatique on topic Moderator disable account from frontend
Ok, thank you.

I read that this add-on gives the functionality for users to disable their own account but I wasn't sure it gave the functionality for moderators to disable any account.

8 years 7 months ago #270341 by nant

dviret wrote: Ok, thank you.

I read that this add-on gives the functionality for users to disable their own account but I wasn't sure it gave the functionality for moderators to disable any account.

Yes, if you allow moderators to edit user profiles (a CB setting) they will be able to access these CB Privacy functions.

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #270450 by sectioninformatique
Replied by sectioninformatique on topic Moderator disable account from frontend
After I read your answer, I decided to buy the CB-Privacy plugin and to install it.

It works fine if a user chooses to disable his own profile but it's impossible for a moderator to disable someone else's profile. An "unauthorized" message is displayed.

My moderators are allowed to edit user profiles, they can edit any other field but if they click on the "disable profile" link they are blocked.

Can you help me ?

8 years 7 months ago #270451 by nant

dviret wrote: After I read your answer, I decided to buy the CB-Privacy plugin and to install it.

It works fine if a user chooses to disable his own profile but it's impossible for a moderator to disable someone else's profile. An "unauthorized" message is displayed.

My moderators are allowed to edit user profiles, they can edit any other field but if they click on the "disable profile" link they are blocked.

Can you help me ?

What exact message are you seeing?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.517 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn