So sorry I put off updating for so long! Thanks, Joomlapolis!

8 years 6 months ago #272077 by EPICweb
No, no problems. I just wanted to post some good stuff.

Ever since Joomla 3 came out I knew that I'd have to do it eventually. My site belongs to a non-profit I am a member of, so I'm an unpaid volunteer of a certain age (past retirement) and having to learn a lot of new stuff. Since it's not my money I'm spending nor my website that is at risk if I do something stupid, I've been procrastinating. I've even thought we should pay someone to do it for us. To be honest, the part that scared me the most was the CB/CBSubs membership part.

But by seeking out information on the forums, following the directions in the tutorials Nick has on YouTube, and carefully reading the documentation for CBSubs, I have managed to update a clone of my site upgraded to Joomla 3.4.4, CB 2.0.11, and CBSubs GPL 4.0. I am happy to report that my members, plans, and mailers are all in tact and appear to work just as they did before. I'm now confident that I can update my live site in pretty short order. Of course, I'll probably forget something important in that process and have to come back trolling for answers, but I know they're here and I'll find them.

The whole Joomla community is awesome in their sharing of experience and knowledge. No where is that better exemplified than here at Joomlapolis. I just hope that someday I'll know enough to pay it forward.

Thanks to Nick, Kyle, Beat and the whole team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago #272083 by nant

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn