White page in Global config.

8 years 6 months ago #272089 by Tony-ocm
White page in Global config. was created by Tony-ocm
Hi all,

I have been trying to load CB on to a clean install of Joomla 3.4 and failing completely.

Having gone through some of the forum posts I noticed that the PHP settings were lower than the recommended so upgraded to PHP Version 5.3.28 which has not had any effect on the problem.

Reading the section on checking for white page problems it says to check the global configurations, which I can not do once I have loaded CB on to the framework as Global configurations become white paged like the front end of the site.

My apologies for not being very understanding of your ways of doing thing as this is my first experience of both Joomla and especially CB.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and hopefully pointing me in the right direction to getting the basic CB up and working.

Tony

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago #272090 by nant
Replied by nant on topic White page in Global config.

Tony-ocm wrote: Hi all,

I have been trying to load CB on to a clean install of Joomla 3.4 and failing completely.

Having gone through some of the forum posts I noticed that the PHP settings were lower than the recommended so upgraded to PHP Version 5.3.28 which has not had any effect on the problem.

Reading the section on checking for white page problems it says to check the global configurations, which I can not do once I have loaded CB on to the framework as Global configurations become white paged like the front end of the site.

My apologies for not being very understanding of your ways of doing thing as this is my first experience of both Joomla and especially CB.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and hopefully pointing me in the right direction to getting the basic CB up and working.

Tony

Hi and welcome to our forums and to Joomla / CB!

If I understand things correctly you cannot even see the Joomla global configuration page?

Guessing that you have your php memory set too low.

Ask your hosting helpdesk to increase this for you.

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #272095 by Tony-ocm
Replied by Tony-ocm on topic White page in Global config.
Hi Nick,

Thanks for getting back to me.
Yes you are right I can not see the Joomla global configuration page, but can see all the other control panels in the Joomla frame work. The exception being that the front page is also blank.

I have gone to my C panel and checked the php.ini file and the memory level is set to 10.

There is a second php.ini file called php5.ini file there as well both sets of information are the same:

max_execution_time = 60
upload_max_filesize = 10M
post_max_size = 10M
memory_limit = 24M
display_errors = 0
register_globals = 0
output_buffering = 0
magic_quotes_gpc = '0'

Not sure if this matters but thought I would mention it any way.

Any other thoughts on the subject that I could try please.

Thanks again for trying to help me

Tony

8 years 6 months ago #272120 by nant
Replied by nant on topic White page in Global config.

Tony-ocm wrote: Hi Nick,

Thanks for getting back to me.
Yes you are right I can not see the Joomla global configuration page, but can see all the other control panels in the Joomla frame work. The exception being that the front page is also blank.

I have gone to my C panel and checked the php.ini file and the memory level is set to 10.

There is a second php.ini file called php5.ini file there as well both sets of information are the same:

max_execution_time = 60
upload_max_filesize = 10M
post_max_size = 10M
memory_limit = 24M
display_errors = 0
register_globals = 0
output_buffering = 0
magic_quotes_gpc = '0'

Not sure if this matters but thought I would mention it any way.

Any other thoughts on the subject that I could try please.

Thanks again for trying to help me

Tony

Please see my previous reply.

You php memory is too low.

It is set to 24M - I would tripple it.

8 years 5 months ago #273810 by TEEJEE
Replied by TEEJEE on topic White page in Global config.
Bonjour,
j'ai le même problème, memory_limit=128M
pouvez-vous m'aider ?
Merci

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.350 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn