Text field no longer saving changes

8 years 3 months ago #274842 by ckinberg
Text field no longer saving changes was created by ckinberg
Having an issue with a clients site no longer allowing one of the text fields for their customer profiles to be edited. I've checked all the other fields in use and they allow for updating, but any information we put in the field is removed upon saving.

I've tried creating a new account and populating the field but it comes in blank. I've created new fields to add to the profile and they work correctly so I'm at a loss as to what is keeping this field locked.

Members had been using and populating this field for a while but at some point it's ceased to allow changes. Any information in the field cannot be changed, we can edit the field but all changes are lost upon saving.

They are running Joomla 3.3.3 with CB vr 1.9.1. I've checked the validation settings but they match all the other text fields.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 3 months ago #274907 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Text field no longer saving changes

ckinberg wrote: Having an issue with a clients site no longer allowing one of the text fields for their customer profiles to be edited. I've checked all the other fields in use and they allow for updating, but any information we put in the field is removed upon saving.

I've tried creating a new account and populating the field but it comes in blank. I've created new fields to add to the profile and they work correctly so I'm at a loss as to what is keeping this field locked.

Members had been using and populating this field for a while but at some point it's ceased to allow changes. Any information in the field cannot be changed, we can edit the field but all changes are lost upon saving.

They are running Joomla 3.3.3 with CB vr 1.9.1. I've checked the validation settings but they match all the other text fields.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

So only the specific field is not saving its value on profile edits?
Is this frontend of backend or both?

8 years 3 months ago #274937 by ckinberg
Replied by ckinberg on topic Text field no longer saving changes
This is the only text-field that is giving issues. All other text fields I've checked and been able to update, including any new text fields.

The issue occurs on both the front and back end of the site.

8 years 3 months ago #274961 by nant

ckinberg wrote: This is the only text-field that is giving issues. All other text fields I've checked and been able to update, including any new text fields.

The issue occurs on both the front and back end of the site.

Something is breaking your javascript then.

Either a bad field validation perhaps.

8 years 2 months ago #275909 by ckinberg
Replied by ckinberg on topic Text field no longer saving changes
I've checked the field validations and they match the other text fields that are used. I've updated the Joomla core files and CB & CBSubs supporting files and changed out the templates on the front- and back-end to no avail.

I've got Error Reporting set to Maximum and am still not seeing anything flagged. I've ran an Audit through Chrome but nothing unusual is coming up...

Is there a setting anywhere in CB or CBSubs that may be locking the field?

8 years 2 months ago #275916 by nant

ckinberg wrote: I've checked the field validations and they match the other text fields that are used. I've updated the Joomla core files and CB & CBSubs supporting files and changed out the templates on the front- and back-end to no avail.

I've got Error Reporting set to Maximum and am still not seeing anything flagged. I've ran an Audit through Chrome but nothing unusual is coming up...

Is there a setting anywhere in CB or CBSubs that may be locking the field?

Nope - there is no seting that would affect a single field.

Please start a new support thread in the Professional support area giving exact details of issue and exact version numbers.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn