Version Update

8 years 2 months ago #277510 by cbnewbie01
Version Update was created by cbnewbie01
Dear support team,

I found out that my professional subscription has just expired while I am in the midst of developing my site, which already has CB 2.0.12 installed. I would like to finish the development of my site to ensure it is viable before renewing my paying subscription. Could you kindly help me with the following questions in the meantime?
  1. If I update CB to the latest version after my subscription, would I still be able to turn off the CB footer?
  2. Are CB 2.0.12 and the Add-Ons for that version designed to work with newer versions of Joomla! 3.x for the foreseeable future?
  3. Are the existing Add-Ons for CB 2.0.12 designed to work with newer versions of CB, if I do update it without subscription, for the foreseeable future?

Many thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 2 months ago #277511 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Version Update
Please see comments/answers below ...

cbnewbie01 wrote: Dear support team,

I found out that my professional subscription has just expired while I am in the midst of developing my site, which already has CB 2.0.12 installed.

You should have received a number of emails before your membership expired.
Guess you ignored them or perhaps they ended up in your spam folder?

I would like to finish the development of my site to ensure it is viable before renewing my paying subscription. Could you kindly help me with the following questions in the meantime?

If I update CB to the latest version after my subscription, would I still be able to turn off the CB footer?

Yes, on all CB 2.x versions.

Are CB 2.0.12 and the Add-Ons for that version designed to work with newer versions of Joomla! 3.x for the foreseeable future?

They should continue working but upgrading to latest versions will give you bug fixes and new features.

8 years 2 months ago #277512 by cbnewbie01
Replied by cbnewbie01 on topic Version Update

cbnewbie01 wrote: Are the existing Add-Ons for CB 2.0.12 designed to work with newer versions of CB, if I do update it without subscription, for the foreseeable future?

Thanks for the quick response, Nick! I infer that your answer to the above would be affirmative as well?

8 years 2 months ago #277526 by nant

cbnewbie01 wrote:

cbnewbie01 wrote: Are the existing Add-Ons for CB 2.0.12 designed to work with newer versions of CB, if I do update it without subscription, for the foreseeable future?

Thanks for the quick response, Nick! I infer that your answer to the above would be affirmative as well?

We try to maintain backward compatibility of course.
But there is no way an old plugin can take advantage of features present in a new CB library.

So there will always be bug fixes and feature releases.

8 years 2 months ago #277567 by cbnewbie01
Replied by cbnewbie01 on topic Version Update
Hi, Nick,

Just to be clear... does it mean updating to newer versions of CB will not break the functionality of the existing add-ons?

Thanks again!

8 years 2 months ago #277570 by nant

cbnewbie01 wrote: Hi, Nick,

Just to be clear... does it mean updating to newer versions of CB will not break the functionality of the existing add-ons?

Thanks again!

correct
The following user(s) said Thank You: cbnewbie01

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn