Drop down fields do not display correctly

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #282780 by JHebbel
Using Bootstrap 3 the drop down fields do not display correctly

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #282897 by ongena
Replied by ongena on topic Drop down fields do not display correctly
Same problem here. If i change the template to "protostar" it works again. (but i want to use my own template :( )

7 years 10 months ago #282912 by ongena
Replied by ongena on topic Drop down fields do not display correctly
Also on the editpage of the JEM-module = same error

7 years 10 months ago #282957 by nant
Sine it works on the default Joomla template it is most likely as you suspected an issue with your template.

I suggest you ask your template provide for help on this.

7 years 10 months ago #282959 by JHebbel
Replied by JHebbel on topic Drop down fields do not display correctly
Sorry, but no. It is more likely a bootstrap 3 incompatibility. Even if I use a stock BS3 on an empty template with nothing but the bare minimum tages needed to be a valid HTML document, the joomla head, and the message/component include, it still looks exactly the same. And me and the other user are using completely separate templates and have the same exact visual issue.

7 years 10 months ago #283075 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Drop down fields do not display correctly
Nothing to do with Bootstrap3. It's jQuery Chosen. Most likely being loaded by Joomlas Smart Search Module, which is aggressively and incorrectly converting all select elements on the page to jQuery Chosen. Report the issue to Joomla. You can see this directly in the DOM where it's showing "chzn-container".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.282 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn