Prompted to Upgrade, but new version won't install

7 years 9 months ago #283679 by tjohns92109
I'm getting the following message in the administration:
2.0.14 is an easy, free and highly recommended upgrade, compatible with Joomla versions 3.x and 2.5.x. It is available on Joomlapolis.com (and for upgrades from CB 2.x also from Joomla Extensions Manager menu - Updates tab. If needed, purge cache and click Find Updates). When upgrading, please upgrade also any installed CB plugins (All CB Team plugins are now compatible with CB 2.0.14). Community Builder version 1.x is not maintained anymore.

But, I downloaded the newest version of CB and when I install, it says 'success', but the message still shows and when I go to 'extensions' and 'manage', it still shows version 1.9.

Is there any security vulnerabilities to 1.9? If not, I'll probably just leave it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 9 months ago #283716 by krileon
I've no idea how you're still downloading CB 1.x. I'm guessing you have maybe 1 module or something that's still CB 1.x. We do not have CB 1.x downloads available here anymore. We only offer as far back as 2.0.14 stable. Download latest from either of the below pages.

www.joomlapolis.com/community-builder
www.joomlapolis.com/downloads

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 9 months ago #283719 by tjohns92109
Replied by tjohns92109 on topic Prompted to Upgrade, but new version won't install
I think you've misunderstood me. I did download 2.0.14. I installed it. It said 'installing component successful'. But it still says I'm using 1.9.

I've also tried clearing cache and 'finding updates' from extension manager (updates for joomlapolis are turned on). But it doesn't show an update. I'm really not that concerned about having the newer version unless 1.9 is not secure.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn