After Login redirect - Discrepancy between CB Login Module and CB Connect

7 years 8 months ago #283918 by sabroso
Hi there,

I found the following discrepancy about how the “after login redirect” works in CB Login module (1) and CB Connect(2).

(1) By CB Login Module I mean using the user ID and password to login on the CB Login module.

(2) By CB Connect Login I mean using any of the social login button (e.g Sing in with Facebook) - also on the CB Login module but I need to differentiate when not using the user ID and PWD.

The “after login” configuration for each scenario is in a different place in the back end:
- for login via user ID and PWD the redirect URL is configured in the CB module configuration
- for login via Facebook sign in the redirect URL is in the CB Connect plugin config, in the login tab.

This is OK because it offers flexibility for the redirection depending on the login method used.

If I configure the same redirect URL for “after login redirect” in both places it works fine in both cases.

The problem I have is when I leave this redirect URL field blank in both cases because it does not behave the same way:
- If the user logs in with user id and password then the same page the user was at is relodaded but with the user logged in → this is the desired behaviour
- However if the user logs in via facebook button the user is redirected to the home page instead of staying in the same page where he logged in → this is undesirable because it does not allow me to include the CB login module in a shopping cart checkout process for example.

Can you reproduce the issue? Is there a solution?

NOTE: In the community builder system plugin I have the option “Pass return URL” enabled.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 8 months ago #283949 by nant

sabroso wrote: Hi there,

I found the following discrepancy about how the “after login redirect” works in CB Login module (1) and CB Connect(2).

(1) By CB Login Module I mean using the user ID and password to login on the CB Login module.

(2) By CB Connect Login I mean using any of the social login button (e.g Sing in with Facebook) - also on the CB Login module but I need to differentiate when not using the user ID and PWD.

The “after login” configuration for each scenario is in a different place in the back end:
- for login via user ID and PWD the redirect URL is configured in the CB module configuration
- for login via Facebook sign in the redirect URL is in the CB Connect plugin config, in the login tab.

This is OK because it offers flexibility for the redirection depending on the login method used.

If I configure the same redirect URL for “after login redirect” in both places it works fine in both cases.

The problem I have is when I leave this redirect URL field blank in both cases because it does not behave the same way:
- If the user logs in with user id and password then the same page the user was at is relodaded but with the user logged in → this is the desired behaviour
- However if the user logs in via facebook button the user is redirected to the home page instead of staying in the same page where he logged in → this is undesirable because it does not allow me to include the CB login module in a shopping cart checkout process for example.

Can you reproduce the issue? Is there a solution?

NOTE: In the community builder system plugin I have the option “Pass return URL” enabled.

What versions of everything?
Joomla?
CB?
CB Connect?

7 years 8 months ago #283953 by sabroso
Joomla 3.6.0
CB 2.0.14
CB Connect 7.0.0

Thanks

7 years 8 months ago #283960 by krileon

Works fine in my tests, but you don't have access to latest builds. Your issue is likely already fixed. Right click and inspect element on one of the buttons to see if &return= is in the button URL. Again, as we do build releases I've no idea if you're up to date.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn