[SOLVED] CBSubs Post-Transaction notification error

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #284876 by jimstrong
Hi. Wasn't sure where to post this, hope someone can help:-

We have a customer using Community Builder 1.9.1 with CBSubs module 3.0.0. on a Joomla 3.6.2 website and have what I think is a post-transaction verification problem with our PayPal sandbox account - the payment itself goes through successfully, but the CBSubs backend shows an error and the website does not display the usual “payment success” message. Instead, and, on being returned to the website, the user sees a message in their browser:-

"Sorry no response for your payment from payment server (error 0). Please check your email and status later.No suitable basket found.”

The CBSubs logs show:-:-
CBSubs History Log:- "Paypal: Error at notification received: could not reach Paypal gateway for notification check at www.sandbox.paypal.com. COMMUNICATION ERROR” and

Server Notifications:- "IPN payment gateway communication error" and "PDT payment gateway communication error"

We're getting the error before and after installing a SHA-256 SSL certificate to meet the new PayPal sandbox security.

I've searched all over the forums with no luck - Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Thanks for any thoughts

Jim Strong

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 7 months ago #284878 by nant

jimstrong wrote: Hi. Wasn't sure where to post this, hope someone can help:-

We have a customer using Community Builder 1.9.1 with CBSubs module 3.0.0. on a Joomla 3.6.2 website and have what I think is a post-transaction verification problem with our PayPal sandbox account - the payment itself goes through successfully, but the CBSubs backend shows an error and the website does not display the usual “payment success” message. Instead, and, on being returned to the website, the user sees a message in their browser:-

"Sorry no response for your payment from payment server (error 0). Please check your email and status later.No suitable basket found.”

The CBSubs logs show:-:-
CBSubs History Log:- "Paypal: Error at notification received: could not reach Paypal gateway for notification check at www.sandbox.paypal.com. COMMUNICATION ERROR” and

Server Notifications:- "IPN payment gateway communication error" and "PDT payment gateway communication error"

We're getting the error before and after installing a SHA-256 SSL certificate to meet the new PayPal sandbox security.

I've searched all over the forums with no luck - Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Thanks for any thoughts

Jim Strong

CBSubs is currently at version 4.1 and CB at version 2.0.14.
You need to get a CBSubs subscription to download the latest CBSubs version and be able to post on the paid support forums.

Sounds from the messages that you might have a firewall in place.

7 years 7 months ago #284879 by jimstrong
Replied by jimstrong on topic CBSubs Post-Transaction notification error
Thanks Nick - understood regarding releases and paid support.

I'll ask our webhosting folks about the firewall possibility

Jim

7 years 7 months ago #284916 by jimstrong
According to our hosting service, CBSubs 3.0.0 seems to be using TLS 1.x and the new PayPal security set up needs TLS 1.2.

Before I go back to my customer, can you tell me if upgrading to CBSubs 4.0 would resolve that? I can't find release notes to verify.

Thanks a lot

Jim

7 years 7 months ago #284922 by jimstrong
I think this was a red herring - please ignore!

Thanks

Jim

7 years 7 months ago #285070 by beat
No worries. Marking as solved.

For others who search and find this:

The encryption level is negociated between servers' capabilities, so TLS level support is depending on the hosting libraries installed and their configuration, not dependent of CBSubs :)

If your hoster keeps his servers up to date with latest security releases, the encryption levels follow automatically.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn