Creating A Directory

7 years 5 months ago #287497 by bins
Creating A Directory was created by bins
I would like to create a directory and use it as a recruitment tool for paid members.

The idea is to create a directory database (I have this already), load them onto a component/software/platform and allow people to register 'claim' their listing, via CBSubs.

Any recommendations on something that can work with CB?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 5 months ago #287504 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Creating A Directory
You'd need a directory extension that has such a claim feature to begin with otherwise you'll have to do some form of manual work adding a claim system. As for CBSubs you can have 1 subscription that just blocks access to claiming in general or you can have 1 plan per directory entry to better automate it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 5 months ago #287505 by bins
Replied by bins on topic Creating A Directory
Are you aware of a component where the ACL/security works for both it and CB?

Thinking as I am typing, using something like SobiPro (or other), I assume that CB can set the admin level, so that CB registered users can access the ability to add a directory listing. Assuming no easy 'claim' feature (Sobipro is a basic contact form), I then need to be able to allocate a listing to a member....

I will ask on the Sobipro forum.

7 years 5 months ago #287506 by bins
Sorry, the claim a listing thing may have been initially too much.

A directory system that works with CB would be the priority!

7 years 5 months ago #287509 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Creating A Directory
Don't think you need any directory extensions that specifically integrates with CB unless it has heavy social features. Only way to really know is to install various directory extensions and try them out.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 5 months ago #287510 by bins
OK - thanks for your input.

I was probably going to try one or two anyway!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn