Lots of spam accounts from Russia

7 years 4 months ago #288099 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Lots of spam accounts from Russia
Create a text field with your question as its title. Then under Parameters > Validation set "Authorized input" to "Custom PERL regular expression". Then for "Perl Regular Expression" specify your REGEXP to validate the question answer. Example as follows.

Title: What is ( 1 + 1 ) * 2?
Perl Regular Expression: /^4$/

In short you'd just use /^ANSWER_HERE$/, but the answer needs to be regex safe (e.g. escape periods, etc..). See the below for REGEX information.

www.regular-expressions.info/

This is typically easy for bots to complete though once they've learned the question. I highly recommend considering using CB AntiSpam when possible.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 4 months ago #288108 by jumpyg
Replied by jumpyg on topic Lots of spam accounts from Russia

krileon wrote: Create a text field with your question as its title. Then under Parameters > Validation set "Authorized input" to "Custom PERL regular expression". Then for "Perl Regular Expression" specify your REGEXP to validate the question answer. Example as follows.

Title: What is ( 1 + 1 ) * 2?
Perl Regular Expression: /^4$/

In short you'd just use /^ANSWER_HERE$/, but the answer needs to be regex safe (e.g. escape periods, etc..). See the below for REGEX information.

www.regular-expressions.info/

This is typically easy for bots to complete though once they've learned the question. I highly recommend considering using CB AntiSpam when possible.

That was pretty easy, thank you!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn