[SOLVED] Registration email sends to bad link with no value for confirmcode=

7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #288365 by lambdares
Sorry, I'm new to this system and I was given this site as a backup and nothing else to tell me how to fix everything.

I'm currently dealing with an issue that isn't allowing users to subscribe or view the backend of the site, even after approving, confirming, and enabling them. Users are not receiving a proper confirmation and thus not being properly registered into the system. They are able to register but once they get the registration email and click the link they are presented with this:
You are not authorized to view this page!
You need to log in.

I did search for this error and made all the recommended changes such as Global Configuration > Users > User Options > Allow User Registration is turned off and the one inside the CB configuration is turned on. After a closer look I noticed that the email wasn't posting a confirmcode. Also, there is a value to show the serial number and it is not showing either.
/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=confirm&confirmcode=&Itemid=488

This is inside the Registration > Pending Approval portion:
Dear [NAME],

Thank you for filling out our customer support registration form.  Click on the link below to confirm your e-mail address: 

[CONFIRM]

The credentials you registered with are:
[DETAILS]
Serial Number: [cb_serial]

I've come to the conclusion that it's something to do with the CBSub system that isn't working. I've synced all the users under tools and checked all the databases, I've updated all the extensions, updated discover, fixed database issues inside extensions, and combed through the entire system to try and figure out what's happening. My next option is to go through the code and try to reverse engineer it.

Any help would be welcomed, thank you!

FYI: The site has CB v 1.9.1, CBSub 3.0.0, Joomla! 3.6.4 Stable

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 4 months ago #288374 by lambdares
I fixed it. It was jNews that was installed and taking over everything else. I disabled that and now everything works!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn