Help with url

7 years 4 months ago #288628 by rsqtech
Help with url was created by rsqtech
I have been looking up and down the pdf file and I can not find a useable solution...

I am trying to change how the URL is handled. I want to go from

enchantedlifetravel.com/component/comprofiler/userprofile?Itemid=1329

to

enchantedlifetravel.com/(username)

Any advice?

Charles

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 4 months ago #288662 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Help with url
That is not possible. That doesn't work for Joomla. Joomla needs to know what component the URL belongs to and it does that with a Menu Alias, which also contains the view. The new SEF URLs in latest CB builds are as follows.

domain/menu-alias/username

If you're not seeing this then your menu item to CB isn't a valid internal Joomla menu item. If you were to take out menu-alias then Joomla has no clue where you're going, which means you'd have to hijack all 404 redirects and assume they're profile URLs which is bad SEO, but can probably be done from htaccess redirect/rewrite rule.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 4 months ago #288664 by rsqtech
Replied by rsqtech on topic Help with url
Ok so "domain/menu-item/user is doable... can you put it in terms that a 5 year old can understand on how to accomplish that

7 years 4 months ago #288674 by krileon
Create a Joomla menu link to CBs profile page that's public and published then turn on SEF. That's it. Right now the profile URLs are trying to use the menu item with an ID of 1329 based off your URL above.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 4 months ago #288680 by rsqtech
Replied by rsqtech on topic Help with url
Thanks that worked. the only thing i need to figure out is how to get the PID out of the url... enchantedlifetravel.com/agentprofiles/814-admin

7 years 4 months ago #288712 by krileon
You can't unless the username is URL safe to begin with or you use the Profile URL field to supply a custom profile alias for their URL.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.263 seconds