Editing user profile

7 years 3 months ago #289594 by olebro
Editing user profile was created by olebro
Hi,

Thanks for a cool product. I'm enjoying it very much.

On my website I have set up the default template to be without content. It mean that I have some pictures, some html modules and some other information stuff.

Then I have made a few other templates to show and handle information when the visitors/users navigates away from the frontpage. My problem are then, when my users want's to update their profile, the CB profile editor redirects to the content module in the default template.

How do I change this, so I can deside which template to be used for the profile editing.

Thanks in advance.

Ole Bro

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago #289626 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Editing user profile
Create a Joomla menu item to CBs profile edit page (one should already exist as we create menus on install) then assign your template to that menu item.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 months ago #289639 by olebro
Replied by olebro on topic Editing user profile
Hi Kyle,

Thanks for your advice. It's exactly what I have done, but i doesn't work right as expected.

Displaying the user profile in the template specified in the menu item settings goes as expected, but when activating profile editing in the upper left corner, it switches to the default template and that is exactly what I don't want. Editing the user profile must be displayed in a template other that the default template and specified by me. That is what I want to find a solution to.

Hopefully this clarify the issue I'm struggling with.

BR.
Ole

7 years 3 months ago #289680 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Editing user profile
CB creates a Joomla menu item for each of its frontend endpoints on first install. Profile edit and profile view in this case will have different menu items and Itemids. You need to assign your templates to those menu items as needed. The template assignment is 100% dependent on Itemid and entirely handled by Joomla. Turn off SEF if enabled to debug from there by seeing what Itemid is in the URL.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.534 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn