6 years 11 months ago #292464 by Frkp71
Hello,

During registration, you can add a field in which the user must enter a code that is given above (also via paper letter) and that is different for each user?

In practice it would be an activation code that identifies the user; a kind of customer number.

Thanks and sorry for my bad English.

Franco

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago #292481 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Sign up
You'd need a database to store those activation codes if they're supposed to be unique and 1 time use. You'd then need CB Query Field and its Query Validation added to a Text field to validate the value they supplied exists in that database and hasn't been used yet. CB Invites is the easier approach by just sending them an invite via Email that gives them an invite code, which they'd use the invite code field (set to display on registration and required); I suppose you could use it without the email though. Alternatively if the activation code doesn't have to be unique and is the same for everyone just make a text field that validates against that 1 value.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 11 months ago #292484 by Frkp71
Replied by Frkp71 on topic Sign up
Hi Krileon,

I have to ask an explanation.

I did not understand when using the invitation code, this can be different for each user.

If so, it could be useful to me.

Thank you,
Franco

6 years 11 months ago #292509 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Sign up
The invite code is unique per invite. So you'd have the admin send an invite to someone using their email address. That person would then click that invite URL to register which will fill out the invite code field (if set to display on registration) to accept the invite. If you set the invite code field to required then it's mandatory for someone to be invited to join the site. You can set the access of the invite tab to your admins view access level if you only want to allow admins to invite people. This would be the easiest approach.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds