[SOLVED] cb login no longer working after upgrade

6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #292567 by shawn.mcginn
Upgraded both Joomla and CB. Running Joomla 3.6.5 and CB 2.1.2. Since upgrading users can no longer access the site via CB login. If I add administrative permissions to an account that user is able to access Joomla backend. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Shawn

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago #292590 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic cb login no longer working after upgrade
No longer working isn't very descriptive. What do you mean by it's no longer work? They can't see the module? It gives an error when attempting to login? Does it just redisplay the login page on every attempt? My guess is your permissions are broken. Navigate to Joomla global configuration then under Permissions tab check that "Site Login" permission is appropriately set for the primary usergroup for your users (should be Registered).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 11 months ago #292602 by shawn.mcginn
Replied by shawn.mcginn on topic cb login no longer working after upgrade
Sorry I should have been more descriptive. When I attempt a login, not matter what user, registered, admin or superuser it just redisplays the login on every attempt. I checked global configuration/permissions and 'site login' is set to 'allowed' for each of these user types. I also confirmed that the CB login module is the only login module that is enabled and joomla authentication is the only auth plugin enabled.

6 years 11 months ago #292629 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic cb login no longer working after upgrade
No error when it redisplays? Is the domain the same? Are you viewing the site as HTTP then on login attempt land on HTTPS? You may have a cross-domain issue if the domains do not match exactly before and after login attempt. Ensure live_site within configuration.php is set to '' (empty). Next edit your CB Login module and ensure your login redirect is non-SEF and begins with index.php if using a login redirect.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 11 months ago #292653 by shawn.mcginn
Replied by shawn.mcginn on topic cb login no longer working after upgrade
You got it. I had forced all traffic over www, and non-ssl trying to pin it down but in the end it was the live site reference in the configuration.php that was set without the www which was causing the cross domain issue. Thanks man! And thanks for the quick turnaround.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn